Author Topic: '92 help needed.  (Read 2626 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
'92 help needed.
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:11:09 AM »
   I have an older Rossi 92 in .45 colt, that a few months back started given me some problems. it began when I loaded the magazine, the rounds would not stay in place in the magazine tube. So the last round loaded would back out on the carrier. I have taken it apart several times now and have changed all the springs (Including the leaf spring behind the carriage stop guide on the left side) and cleaned it up good. No sence taken any metal off it's older. Age has done that. There seems to be an ejection problem, and the issue with loading seems to still exsist. I believe ejection problem is an easy fix with some tweaking, but the loading problem has me baffled. Any thoughts or suggestions would be grateful. 

LR
Mathew 5.9

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: '92 help needed.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:23:44 AM »
   Any thoughts or suggestions would be grateful. 

LR

Yep, gift it to me an' I'll sell it.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Howdy Little Rooster

It sounds to me like you aren't getting the last round in far enough, I use a "LAST ROUND IN PUSH STICK ", it will let you push your bullet all the way in so that it doesn't get hung up, I made my own, here is a picture of one next to a key fob I made, this should take care of your problem, you're just not getting that last round in far enough, if you make one like mine, you can carry it around in you gun belt in a bullet loop. This works for all lever actions, when you load your lever gun, use the next round to push in the one you're loading, it's a lot easier on the fingers.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:03:06 PM »

Offline Tom Bullweed

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:27:35 PM »
I have the older Rossi in .357 that I started in SASS with some five years ago.  I have had some work done on it and have shot 3-4 thousand rounds through it in practice and matches.  Occasionally it fails to feed with loosing the round to the right on the carrier and then stovepiping the cartridge.  I just make sure all of the screws are tight which seems to fix the problems.
You problem may be due to wear on the carrier stop or wear on the magazine tube that does not allow the cartridge to feed straight onto the carrier.
My Rossi is now retired to matches with wet weather.  I now shoot an original 1892 in .32-20 with no problems.  The rifle was made to feed bottleneck rounds.  Originals can be found for under the price of a new 1892.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com