Author Topic: My personal "Gene Autry Festival"  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My personal "Gene Autry Festival"
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »
Pards, I've just finished watching seven (count 'em, seven) Gene Autry movies.  A couple of observations.

*  First, I really understand how I enjoyed them SO MUCH as a youngster.  Heck, I just enjoyed them as an old f**t.

*  Second, I'm amazed at how much plot they could squeeze into an hour or so of film.
    Our modern-day moviemakers should take notes.

*  Third, -- and with apologies for the occasional weirdness of my right-brain -- I just came up with a new song.  Its called
    Racoon  City Sue (devotees of zombie movies will recognize the allusion):

Racoon City Sue, Racoon City Sue,

Your eyes are red, your hair is blue,

My horse and dog are scared of you,

Racoon City Sue, Racoon City Sue,

There ain't no one as spooky as Racoon City Sue.

Offline Regret Chancy

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS 3304, SASS 79990
  • Liked:
Re: My personal "Gene Autry Festival"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:03:19 PM »
Wow! :D  Never once thought I would ever see the 'Resident Evil' movie trilogy as part of a post on here. Nothing against it especially being the month of Halloween and horror movies are running on most channels. ;D  Still brings to mind that ridiculous movie with the Geronimonsters. I would really love to strangle the idiot that thought that concept up. >:(
                                                                                                                                          Regret Chancy
"Aint nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »
I really enjoy Gene's movies that he did in the middle to late 30s with Smiley Burnett the best.  The B Western clothes and the music. The movies he did before WW2 were patroitic in nature.  Gene was getting too old and the Westerns were dying when he returned from WW2.  I still enjoy his TV show movies as well as the old B movies, and you can throw Roy and Gabby in the mix too.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:21:17 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »
I've got 3 or 4 Gene DVD's. The whole family enjoys them. The later movies weren't the same without Frog.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »
I really enjoy Gene's movies that he did in the middle to late 30s with Smiley Burnett the best.  The B Western clothes and the music. The movies he did before WW2 were patroitic in nature.  Gene was getting too old and the Westerns were dying when he returned from WW2.  I still enjoy his TV show movies as well as the old B movies, and you can throw Roy and Gabby in the mix too.

One of the Gene movies I just watched was In Old Monterrey (1939), which had Smiley Burnette AND Gabby Hayes.  It was surely patriotic.  The last one I watched -- no surprise -- was Sioux City Sue (1946), which had neither.  It was a slicker movie, but not as good.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »
The Old Corral has Smiley, Sons of the Pioneers, and Lon Chancy Jr. in it.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »
"The Old Corral" was made in 1936 and Roy Rogers has a small part as a semi-badguy, complete with black hat.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com