Author Topic: Taurus Thunderbolt Slide Action Rifle  (Read 4126 times)

Offline Durango

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Taurus Thunderbolt Slide Action Rifle
« on: September 04, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »
I've been looking at the Taurus Thunderbolt rifle, but there is just something about it that keeps me from buying.  I guess I expect a special utility rifle like this to be special.  Maybe have an octagular barrel, or something.  Anyway, there is something that keeps me from buying.  It might be the sloppiness in the slide piece before cocking.  I don't know.  It doesn’t seen to have the quality for the $500 price as compared to the Puma 92's or other Cowboy rifles that I have seen, in the same price range.  I have a couple of stainless Gaucho 45's and really love them.  But, I think that Taurus has missed the target a little on the Thunderbolt,  I haven't shot one, but their esthetics are a little disappointing. I don't know, maybe I'm expecting too much.

Anybody got any ideals and opinions?  Meybe you can make me feel better about it's looks.  I've looked at the Ubertti colt Lightning copy and it is beautiful, but expensive and hard to find

44caliberkid

Re: Taurus Thunderbolt Slide Action Rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 07:43:19 AM »
The Thunderbolt has been discussed extensively on this forum.  There is a thread on page 2 "Trouble Free Thunderbolt?" and another on page 4, "Taurus Thunderbolt".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com