Author Topic: USFA Remington  (Read 15729 times)

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USFA Remington
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 09:04:34 AM »
Many of of you misunderstand my stance on the price issue. Many of these high quality guns are the greatest American made examples I have seen so far. If I want a pair of Rodeo revolvers, no big deal. But given these hard economics times we are suffering right now...
Truth be told, I would have gladly payed the $1,850.00 for the Remington 1875.

And another thing, I've had very cordial conversations with Gary Granger over the whole deal.
I would never ask anything more of him than he was capable of delivering.
A work in progress.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »
Listen, we all can agree that we would like to see some things be different, or improved upon.  I fully understand many of us, me included, wish that the Remington thing worked out.  We also all wish USFA gave out more info.  The reality is USFA is obviously being very careful and limited in dishing out info, and Gary is in between us and his boss.  I believe Gary tries very hard at trying to satisfy both ends without causing difficulties at either end.  Where I get upset is at the point a man's livelyhood is being talked about when people don't have facts, or that man's boss is being critisized in a forum when it is obvious that he is not responding about this matter at this time or any other time.  Mr. Donnelly has his reasons for doing what he does, and he makes the decisions of what and how products are made at his facility, and how his company disseminates information.

So as far as I am concerned, I continue to purchase USFA products because it is what I want and the high quality that obviously continues to go into them.  I enjoy discussing about their products in this forum as well as others because of our common interest in them, and again the high quality that goes into them.  However, I don't see where we deserve an answer about something that didn't work out when we did not personally invest anything more than displaying an interest in it.  We were not harmed or even really inconvenienced in any way.  It just seems obvious that beating this particular dead horse is going nowhere except to cause Gary difficulties.  And I believe we all can agree that Gary has been an asset to USFA, so I for one don't need to give him any more grief on this subject.

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
'Beating a Dead Horse'.? !..This has gone beyond a beating into the realm of vile desecration of the USFA Corp. over harm never done to anyone.

I am planning on buying a USFA as we speak and am glad they are there to give me the product I am seeking.

MD

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:30:34 AM »

Offline Hobie

• Top Active Citizen
    • Shooting with Hobie
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
I have bought 3 USFAs and the first was because Gary provided excellent customer service.  That sold two more.  I would say that he's doing his job. 

Now, as to the owners.  Sometimes owners don't communicate with employees and so employees can't answer questions.  I've experienced that, asked for improvements and seen none.  Some folks don't see info as customer service but as power.  Of course I've no way to know what goes on inside the company.  I like the USFA SAs.  I honestly don't see the need for other products but that's just me.  I probably would have bought a 1858 but not a 1875.  Again, that's me.  I think that any time a company has to partner with another company things will happen that can't be controlled.  I think this is what happened with the USFA Remington project(s).  Too bad, so sad.  I have a very nice Uberti forged frame that will do and is miles ahead of the repros we had in 1970...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com