Author Topic: ruger gun work  (Read 2919 times)

Offline ruger044

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ruger gun work
« on: August 30, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
I have a new ruger.045 and am thinking of learning fast draw. Who does quality work, Bob Munden, Wes Flowers or who.  Is there someone who can give a review of these fellows. Price, quality of work? Will the gun still be able to shoot live ammo after being worked on? Wanting to learn from someone who has had to make these decisions without making a incorrect choice. Thanks :-\

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: ruger gun work
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
Wes Flowers does awesome work on CAS guns, I have heard good and bad on Munden.  I'm sorry I don't know anything about what they do for fast draw guns but if I were you I wouldn't hesitate to call Wes and ask him any questions that you have.  I know that he LOVES to talk and he also loves to help people out. :)
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • SASS #: 30699
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
I have 16 revolvers tuned by Mr. Munden and zero, repeat zero, have had problem one!  I had Bob setup a back up pair of main match revolvers and have never had to use them in 8 years. 

Now that being said what criticism I have read about Munden always boils-down to personality issues.  Bob is an A-type, no BS personality and some people are uncomfortable or intimidated by him. Some of these people retaliate by relating second or third hand denunciations of his gunsmithing.  I have never known Bob not to stand behind his work and correct an error when one occurs, some even after another supposed gunsmith/trick-shooter has muddled them up. Names withheld to protect the alleged master gunsmith. 

I, without reservation, recommend Bob Munden’s Option #1 and Option #2 revolver work.
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.
http://www.tamebill.com/

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:08:21 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com