Author Topic: Is your CAS persona a professional gambler??  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Evil Swede

• BCVC #38, SASS #20352 Life, BOLD #121
  • Citizen
  • The Evil Swede, Faro Dealer.
    • The Barbary Coast Vigilance Committee
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is your CAS persona a professional gambler??
« on: March 30, 2005, 12:38:34 PM »
Hello All,
As a proud BOLD member, I thought I would put this invite out here as I know many of us in BOLD have chosen "bad guy" personas to counter our "good guy" lives, in this fantasy sport. Most of the "Bad...", "Evil..", "Dastardly..." characters I have met in CAS are cops, active or retired. 

I recently finished reading the book, Knights of the Green Cloth by Robert DeArment. It is a fantastic read and I highly recommend it for anyone that has a CAS persona involving saloon or riverboat gambling. There are profiles on a lot of famous and infamous gamblers and this book focuses more on their gambling activities, where others may lean toward their other "contributions" to history.

Anyhow, reading the book and considering my chosen "faro dealer" persona, it got me to thinking. I decided to start a new group.. similar to BOLD, SBSS, BOSS, STORM and of course, the WARTHOGS.

The Knights of the Green Cloth (KGC or KotGC, if you prefer).

I envision a diverse network of CAS Shooters, Civil War and other old west re-enactors that have chosen, in our own various ways, to recreate and celebrate the lives, legends, traditions and adventures of professional frontier gamblers. Those that endeavor through their chosen historical personas (be they real, composite or entirely fictional), to promote a better understanding of and appreciation for the old west gambler in the period spanning 1849 through 1899.

So, I am handin' out badge numbers. If your character is a serious gambler.. this is the group for you!

No dues, no meetings, no secret handshake.. well, maybe a secret handshake.

>>> Membership is open to all frontier gambling enthusiasts*, men and women, most particularly those participating in Cowboy Action Shooting, Old West re-enacting, Civil War Reenacting and other living history pursuits!

* PLEASE NOTE: Being a casual gambler won't cut it. This is sort of a guild for PROFESSIONAL GAMBLERS, such as Wyatt Earp, Bat Materson, James Bowie, Wild Bill Hickock, Canada Bill Jones, Doc Holliday, Ben Thompson, Rowdy Joe Lowe, Luke Short, and Poker Alice. It does not matter if your character held other jobs.. lawman, outlaw, madame, pimp, barkeep, bullwhacker, soldier, miner, rancher or politician.. as long as they were a professional gambler at some time in their career, you qualify. Please send me an e-mail with the below listed information and you are in!

All we ask is that you provide the following, as applicable (also see example, below):
1. A photo (approx. 200 x 300 pixels in .jpg format)** of you in character.
2. Your basic persona profile (your SASS alias, your gambling pursuit, any associated memberships, certifications, the time period or war(s) and unit(s) or region(s) you are re-enacting, performing or celebrating).
3. Your actual location or hometown.
4. Your home club(s). SASS, WASA, NCOWS, W3G, Civil War Skirmish Club/Group, Mountain Man Guild, etc..
5. Any particular classifications, information or other comments you feel are appropriate.

You are also welcome to provide a website and/or e-mail link and/or a brief character bio (70 words or less, please).

Once we receive your information and appropriate photo, it will be posted on our new website with your personal Knights of the Green Cloth (KGC) number. See our new site: www.KnightsoftheGreenCloth.com

Here is an example of what I need from you:

Evil Swede, Faro Dealer
SASS 20352 Life, RO II
BCVC #38, BOLD #121, KGC #1
Honoring San Francisco's Barbary Coast, 1849-1899
San Bruno, California
Home Clubs: Old West Shooting Society of Chabot & Richmond Roughriders (Range Officer)
Class: Duelist/Gunfighter

** 200 x 300 pixels is preferred. Bigger is better, I can crop and resize as needed.

If anyone has ideas on how to improve on this idea, please send me a PM, an e-mail or reply here. I look forward to hearing from all of you gamblers out there!

E-mail: EvilSwede@bcvc.net
--
~eSwede
BCVC #38, KGC #1 Founder,
SASS #20352 Life, BOLD #121
Websmitty at www.BCVC.net,
www.FaroKing.com &
www.KnightsoftheGreenCloth.com

Proud U.S. Army Veteran

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com