Author Topic: OK, all steamed up, coal oil burners and gasoline powered washing machines  (Read 64008 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Get two of them and then you would have a pair of skates!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
A car lot/junk yard in Ivor is sellin’ these things.

http://www.wildfiremotors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=387&category_id=26&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=75

I’d drive it for errands ‘n such. The tailgate ‘n sides fold down to make a flat bed. Just way too expensive for a toy.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Wireman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
More junk from China.....

Advertising

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Found this lookin' Wiki, but interestin'.

Wildfire Motors is a company based in Steubenville, Ohio, specializing in the sales of scooters, motorcycles, ATVs and electric vehicles. The vehicles are manufactured in China and are distributed throughout the United States.

This distributor has ten cases under review with the Ohio Attorney General and 30 with the Better Business Bureau

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Wireman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I was lookin at ah Import thang with the Chinese for a Motorcycle front and a Truck rear end and motorized rickshaws. The truck part was just like the pitcher Arcey had. Any whoo, after investigation, they was junk. So... I'm still lookin fer that spetchel sumpin' that everbody wants and needs ta sell.

Yep! Primers are out too. Ya ever seen ah Chinese primer? At's whut I thought.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
What I meant by too expensive for a toy. Ya gottah figger it as disposable when it breaks.

Then again, that’s the way I look at Ford, GM ‘n Chrysler……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Harley Davidson made the Servicar from 45 ta 76.  Yer truck bed with two wheels under it an a motorcycle front end.  Meter maids used em fer ages.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
A car lot/junk yard in Ivor is sellin’ these things.

http://www.wildfiremotors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=387&category_id=26&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=75

I’d drive it for errands ‘n such. The tailgate ‘n sides fold down to make a flat bed. Just way too expensive for a toy.

I tried to bring a Mitsubishi three wheel pick up back from japan in '74 and was told they weren't legal in the US of A.  Three years laer I was driving one around the McDonnell Douglas plant as a on-site utility vehicle.  Had some little four wheelers, too.  Looked a lot like this beastie.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
They used to have some of them over at the General Dynamics plant in Fort Worth to run parts in from one bldg. to another.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
They have a manufacturing plant over the line in Oklahoma just over from Ft. Smith,

look like they'd be fun to have,, I know they were looking for people to open dealerships this last spring.

http://www.tigertruck.com/
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
coupla weeks ago, we saw several semi loads of em going down I-40, saw a article where they were takin em to Norfolk, VA  puttin em on a ship for somewhere,   can't remember where now.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Wireman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Those are cool little trucks.

Be good to have in City environs, or around ah big plant, universities ...

Hmmm.....

::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
OT, You need the crew cab model so all the dogs can ride.

Offline MontanaSlick

• Like minded lover of the Old West
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: OK, all steamed up, coal oil burners and gasoline powered washing machines
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »
Del, thanks fer the pix, belive it or not, I'm old enough to remember these machines back in the Nebraska's farm land.

Gran Pa Orson had 2 sections he homesteded just north of Thedford, GranPa Wilson homesteded in Pierce right after the Civil war, took 3 yrs. to get a corn crop.
Just some history fer thought.

MS

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »
Del's got a bunch of those old farming pictures.

Offline delmar

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
I remember Grandma having a washin machine like that one,  we'd push it out of the garage on wash day if it was warm enough,  Grandma would start a little fire burning on the ground with some paper and small limbs,  she'd stick 2  or 3  spark plugs in the fire to warm em up,  take her gloves when they was hot and put it in the motor and pull it to start,  if it didn't start easy, she'd change out to another plug, till one started.
I used to have a lawnmower that started really hard when it was cool. I never considered that warming just the spark plug would help.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
I never thought of that. The NASCAR teams have heaters to warm the fluids in the cars before the race starts.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »
My old buddy Charlie uses a cigarette lighter when a two stroke is bein fussy.  We clean the plug an then he holds the flame up to the electrode and the tool starts right up if ya get the plug in bafore it cools down.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »
Del, thanks fer the pix, belive it or not, I'm old enough to remember these machines back in the Nebraska's farm land.

Gran Pa Orson had 2 sections he homesteded just north of Thedford, GranPa Wilson homesteded in Pierce right after the Civil war, took 3 yrs. to get a corn crop.
Just some history fer thought.

MS

Cool, I know both area's.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
Del, I'm gonna have to come up there when they're threshing with the steam engines sometime.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com