Author Topic: Sloppy Rugers ?  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sloppy Rugers ?
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »
I was in the gunshope yesterday and they had a NV Ruger that had came in. Took a look at it and I have never seen a revolver with so much side to side cylinder slop. Couldnt tell about endshake,,,with the plastic shipping spacer in the revolver. I was amazed at how loose this Ruger was. Are they all becoming so ricklety ?  I would NOT have bought this revolver.

MD

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
Re: Sloppy Rugers ?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
I recently picked upa pair of NMV's from Longhunter, and they are also a tad loose as you describe. They are a tad looser than the OMV, Blackhawk, and Uberti MP's that I have, but they shot fine a couple of weeks ago and were fairly accurate. Didn't paper shoot them, but was hitting the metal plates consitantly. I'll have to benchrest them and check the accuracy next time out. They did open up the forcing cone on the ones I got - maybe that helped.

Anyhow - back to the point - yes, mine are also looser than my OMV's.

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:56:26 AM »
I got a passle of 'em and they're all that way.  That's why opening the forcing cone is particularly helpful on Rooogers. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:32:29 PM »

Offline Shadow Catcher

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »
I was in the gunshope yesterday and they had a NV Ruger that had came in. Took a look at it and I have never seen a revolver with so much side to side cylinder slop. Couldnt tell about endshake,,,with the plastic shipping spacer in the revolver. I was amazed at how loose this Ruger was. Are they all becoming so ricklety ?  I would NOT have bought this revolver.

MD

I find that a bit surprising - I've three - Two blued 7.5 inchers and a SS 4 5/8 guy - and all three are
tighter than a clam's behind - and that's water tight!

Shadow Catcher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com