Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 01:32:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  USFA CSS (Moderator: Capt. John Fitzgerald)  |  Topic: New 12/22 is Gorgeous! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 12/22 is Gorgeous!  (Read 1183 times)
Doc Sunrise
Top Active Citizen

« on: June 28, 2009, 05:49:23 am »

When I picked up this new 12/22 I ordered, all I could thinks is WOW!  Now this feels like a gun!  The fit & finish is excellent, and the Fleur de Lis grips are perfect.  The grips feel thin and very comfortable as the hard rubber ones from USFA.  I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Blackpowder Burn
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Lightning

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:47:38 am »

Beautiful, Doc!  That's another one to add to my wish list.  The only problem is, that I need to win the lottery to buy just the USFA stuff on the wish list!  Undecided

SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes
Wild Will
Active citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:29:18 pm »

Very nice and the grips really complement it.  You'll have to let us know how it shoots.

"If you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
- Tuco
Doc Sunrise
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 05:32:48 pm »

Today my son & I got to shoot our 12/22.  At 3 1/2, 7, 15, and 25 yards the 12/22 shot very well, and I mean very well.  At 3 1/2 and 7 yards the 12/22 printed groups under an inch, and at 15 and 25 yards she printed at an inch and just over an inch respectively.  We took it right out of the box without doing a thing and sent a couple of hundred rounds down range.  It was dead on for elevation and windage.  The action is smooth and the weight of the 12/22 is very well balanced and definitely there.  The hyper velocity 22's could not muster enough strength to move the weight of the 12/22.  It does take a little care to empty by carefully alligning the ejector rod and the cylinder holes, but once you get the feel for it becomes pretty quick and easy.

I made the mistake of letting my gunshop owner look at it.  I almost didn't get it back! 
Capt. John Fitzgerald
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 06:04:09 pm »

Doc,
Thanks!  It's nice to finally get a range report on the 12/22.
CJF

You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.
Pettifogger
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 09:09:24 pm »

That is NICE.  May have to sell a few things and save up for one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  USFA CSS (Moderator: Capt. John Fitzgerald)  |  Topic: New 12/22 is Gorgeous! « previous next »
Jump to: