Author Topic: Once Upon a Texas Train  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Once Upon a Texas Train
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
Yes it's hokey, but dang it's good ta see all them old time actors get tagether even if it's a Willie Nelson movie. 

I reccomend it, it's fun.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: Once Upon a Texas Train
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:59:58 AM »
Leo, Let's not be talkin' about those old time actors, I grew up watchin' those folks!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
With the disastrous performance of Michael Cimino's Heaven's Gate in 1980, nobody in Hollyweird wanted to touch the Western genre. All of that changed in 1985 with Lawrence Kasdan's Silverado and Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider. Those two movies really gave the Western a much needed revival, and in the period between 1985 and 1993, we saw some pretty dang good Westerns.

I've seen bits and pieces of Once Upon a Texas Train, and it's a dandy! ;)
A work in progress.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:27:49 PM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »
Leo, Let's not be talkin' about those old time actors, I grew up watchin' those folks!

That's why you'd love it. :)

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Regret Chancy

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS 3304, SASS 79990
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
I picked this movie up on vhs at a Peddlers Antique Mall as "Texas Guns" then had a friend pick it up for me on dvd as "Once upon a Texas Train" not much on Willie bashers cause he has made some decent contributions to the western genre. Barbarosa is one of my favorites and if I am not mistaken some of Lonesome Dove was filmed on his ranch.  ;D I guess that was before the IRS caught up with him. ::)
                      Regret Chancy
"Aint nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country"

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »
With the disastrous performance of Michael Cimino's Heaven's Gate in 1980, nobody in Hollyweird wanted to touch the Western genre. All of that changed in 1985 with Lawrence Kasdan's Silverado and Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider. Those two movies really gave the Western a much needed revival, and in the period between 1985 and 1993, we saw some pretty dang good Westerns.

I've seen bits and pieces of Once Upon a Texas Train, and it's a dandy! ;)
Somebody just had to do it...mention Heaven's Gate. Kinda like Kevin Costner starring in an Ed Wood production of an L. Ron Hubbard screenplay...
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 11:43:52 PM »
Somebody just had to do it...mention Heaven's Gate. Kinda like Kevin Costner starring in an Ed Wood production of an L. Ron Hubbard screenplay...

Didn't mean to offend by mentioning that particular film.
A work in progress.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »

That was just plain funny DC.  Got ta admit it was a good analogy by RTR.

Roland Deschain

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »
LOL, my life is full of analogies! Oh, watched Barbarosa this morning, gotta admit, I had forgotten what a good movie it actually is.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com