Author Topic: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!!  (Read 291970 times)

Offline copperhead

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!!
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
Request permission to come on board.  I have an ID'd rifle from Co K 9th MI CAV. 

Copperhead

Mor-Kik

« Reply #301 on: May 27, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
Good evening!

Finalizing restoration of #49814 - already have learned much from other SSS members.  Looking forward to interacting with such knowledgeable fellow Spencer-philes.

Respectfully requesting membership into the Spencer Shooting Society - many thanks!  :)

Offline Wolf Killer

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2014, 01:40:23 AM »
Howdy lads,
My Spencer should arrive from cimarron in a few days after waiting a year, so I will need all the help I can get to enjoy this great piece of American history.

SASS Wolf Killer #92976
AKA Buckshot Bowman or Cpt. Frank P Bishop

Born as Donald Bowman

Advertising

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
Two Flints, just sent along an email to join up. The Pathfinder out of Riverside, Ohio. Just picked up a new Taylor's carbine in 56-50 this afternoon. Weird thing is tho, its frame is blued not case hardened and has some beautiful burl figure to the stock. not seen another like it although there must be others around. Oh well, can't wait to get out to the range with it. Thanks for letting this old scout sign up.

Offline tbuck59

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »
Gentlemen:

Please except my request to join The SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY I am a new collector of early firearms MILITARY  and CIVILIAN. I have been hesitant to join any Societies because of the Rants but review of the CASCITY FORUM I'm VERY IMPRESSED with the PROFESSIONAL information given.  I have also just received my Spencer Carbine it is heavily pitted but the internals are very good the serial number is 48049 any info would also be appreciated.  Again please except my request Thank You tbuck59.

1gewehr

« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2014, 06:13:57 PM »
Please enroll me in the Spencer Shooting Society.  I'll also send you and email.  My first Spencer was a NM Rifle that I foolishly sold about ten years ago.
Currently I am the caretaker for an 1860 Carbine # 28176, which was modified by Springfield and has the 1865 hammer, Stabler device and a 'TSJ' cartouche on the stock.  The barrel is still 22" long with six lands and grooves, though.

Offline Jim W

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2014, 08:15:51 AM »
New member, joining to find information about my "new" Spencer. Thread to follow!

Offline Walksfire

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Registering SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »
Howdy Y'all.  :D I found this site while researching Spencer Carbines. Then after reading posts, and doing research, I went to a Civil War show in Timonium MD and bought me the best looking Spencer Carbine I could find. So NOW with Spencer in hand, I have joined CAS and wish to be a member in the SSS.
Fond Shooting Wishes

Walksfire === aka Chris

Offline Spencemack

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
I have joined CasCity and would like to be a member of the Spencer Shooting Society
Don Mack

Offline T-hoss

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:30 PM »
Two Flints, thanks for bringing me in!

Treacherous Hoss
SASS #31738
NCOWS #3580
SASS #31738
NCOWS #3580
Spencer Shooting Society #586

Offline Fine Gachette

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »
Hello !!

I wish to be a member of the SSS
I will present you vey soon my spencer carbine, just received yesterday, a real piece of history IMO

many thanks to the SSS community for this "alive" forum, a true gold mine for spencer owner

Offline Strongbow

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
Sign me up!

I'm mainly a British collector (mostly Martinis through SMLEs), but I used to do ACW reenacting, and have always had a Spencer itch that needed scratching.  I just bought New Model Spencer Rifle from France that I think was a good deal, so that Spencer is on it's way back home after a long stay abroad!

Offline jjort

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2014, 10:46:29 AM »
Hi
I just acquired a 1865 Spencer (Burnside) and would like to join the forums

I am from Ontario, Canada

cheers

JJ

Offline John M. Priest

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »
I would like to join the Spencer shooting society. I have a serial number question.

Offline trappercnc

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
Hello!
Trappercnc here and I would like to join up.
Don't have a Spencer yet but will!
Recently discovered my GG Uncle was a sniper with Company D,100th Pennsylvania Roundheads. He writes in a letter home after the "Battle of the Crater" at Petersburg that he fired 100 rounds that day "and took my time to it".
Now I am bitten by the bug to own one of these fine rifles. My hope is to find out whether he was issued a rifle or carbine. He calls it a rifle in his letter and he was Infantry,so my guess is rifle.......but I hope to find out for sure before buying.

Offline Eagle423

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
I am requesting to join SSS. I have a Spencer carbine and am trying to do some research on it.

Offline The Edumacator

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2015, 02:37:14 PM »
The Edumacator, here.

I'm looking forward to talking Spencers and judging bad liquor with you all.   ;D

Gentleman, Scholar, and Judge of Bad Liquor
SASS #102199

Offline Marshal Davis

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2015, 10:27:25 PM »
I'd like to join the Spencer Shooting Society but not sure how. I'm registered as Marshal Davis with Cas City. I have had three Chiappa Spencer carbines but have settled on the one I have now in .45 Colt. I could ask for a better operating rifle. My first was 56-50 carbine that operatd great but shooting was way off. I discovered after I had sold it to a reenactor who only wanted to fire blanks that it was part of a batch that Taylor's had gotten in with bad barrel crowns.  That expalins why it shot way off to the right badly. My second carbine was 44 Russian. Extractor problems and feedingproblems led me toget rid of that one quickly. One last try was a carbine in .45 Colt. I struck gold with that one. And yes I shoot black (well Pinnacle) in it exclusively. Accurate, fast and smooth and no failures. What more could I want. Well maybe a rifle.   

Offline CosmicArkie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
CosmicArkie checking in with lots of questions...

Offline daveemrick

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
Hello Prospective Spencer Members,

First, please register and become a member of Cas City.  

Once you are a member of Cas City, you will then be allowed to join the Spencer Shooting Society.

Let us know, by posting here, that you want to become a member of the Spencer Shooting Society. Please, JUST REGISTER/JOIN HERE ONLY. 

Start a new topic elsewhere in the SSS Forum.  This thread is just a place where new members can register. Send me your Email address  and Cowboy Alias to fsgrand2@fairpoint.net.  I need your Email address, which will only be used for communication between members of SSS.  It will never be given out without your permission

Two Flints

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com