Author Topic: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!!  (Read 291958 times)

Offline smokie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!!
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »
I would like to join the Spencer Society.  I just bought a Taylor Arms in 56.  I also would like to get the specific data on OAL for the 56 as I heard that it is OAL quirky.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Smokie

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »
Hi There,
  Thanks for the welcome. My name is Charles Misulia. I am from Lumpkin, GA and have been reading the forum now for a while. I just traded some CW weapons for a new Armi Sport Spencer Rifle that should be delivered in a couple of days. I got the 44-40 because the ammo is easy to come by and the blanks cheap to make (w/410 shells).
  Anyway, my fascination with the Spencer started a few years ago when I began writing a book about the Battle for Columbus, Georgia which was fought at the end of the Civil War between the forces of James H. Wilson's Cavalry Corps, Military Division of the Mississippi and the Georgia and Alabama (CS) Reserve Forces. The use of Spencers played a major part in the Union victory at Columbus.
  Thanks for the welcome.

Charles Misulia
Lumpkin, GA
Columbus, Georgia 1865: The Last True Battle of the Civil War (Univ of Alabama Press: Tuscaloosa, 2010)

Offline knightmare

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »
Knightmare reporting for duty!

Been fascinated with Spencers for a little over 30 years. Have a relative who was in Wilder's Hatchet/Lightning Brigade (B Co, 123rd Illinois Volunteer Infatry). Always been a lifelong dream to own/shoot one, and only recently found out that reproductions are available. Don't know how much time I've got left but I hear the clock ticking -now more than ever. Found the 'Society' 3 days ago and joined 2 days ago!
      Was a paratrooper for my 'Uncle' many moons ago and take the correlation between 'mounted infantry' and 'Airborne' to heart. Thanks to all of you for your expertise and for just being here.

James Knight
Denver, Colorado

Advertising

Offline Sgt. John McAfferty

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2010, 06:18:23 AM »
Howdy,

Shakey Merlot here.  Finally got my Spencer so I can belong.

Offline Windy City Joe

• If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »
Windy City Joe here from KCMO.
I'm looking for a Spencer now. Like shooting with GAF, NCOWS and SASS (in that order)
Can I join up with you all.

Offline triple w

• Top Active Citizen
  • Y'a got'a love a hobby that makes y'a feel so good
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
Triple W here. Sign me up!  I have a Taylor (Armi Sport) carbine in 45 Schofield in route. (can't wait !)  ;D
BOLD# 986, STORM# 352,   The Winchester 1876 Society,
 1860 Henry Rifle Shooters Roster #123, Spencer Shooting Society #318

Offline lanore01

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2010, 06:34:08 PM »
I would lik to join SSS.  My name is lanore01 and my e-mail address is lanore01@yahoo.com.  Thanks, lanore

Offline Jan Buchwald

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2010, 01:57:11 AM »
My name is Jan Buchwald (jbw), danish resident, have me a 1865 Burnside Spencer carbine, converted to centerfire with a breech block rom S&S firearms, plus a litle skill. Looking for people with expirience.

Offline Bob S

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2010, 11:45:18 PM »
Reporting aboard.

Finally I have a rifle, and even if it's not a Navy rifle and it's a repro, hopefully it will shoot groups and scores.
It's REAL ... it's wood and steel!

Offline BranchwaterJack

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2010, 06:27:32 AM »
Reporting for duty with a Taylor's in 56-50.

Offline Dale Spencer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
I'm interested in joining the Society. After my grandparents passed away, we were cleaning the attic. (What we called the 'old chamber' of the farm house) and discovered a Spencer Carbine. Don't know much about it, but would like to find out anything and everything about it. It has a serial number of 40532 and the following;
- Spencer Repeating-
Rifle Company Boston     S.

Knowing the family it may have been a reproduction but the chance is there it is real. I included the S. because it is stamped five spaces after the word Boston. There is also a "&" at the top of the chamber. If nothing else I hope to clean it up and get to shoot it. Looks OK, but if it's to old and to far gone, it'll just become a wall hanger. I'm happy to have found your site.

Offline hooey

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
Greetings:
Just recieved my Spencer (Armi Sport) in 56-50, haven't shot it yet, waiting to get it out of "gun jail" here in CA! I'm looking forward to learning from you all. I'm registered here as hooey, my SAS alias is Charley Moon, #83068.
Thanks

Offline Texian

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
Howdy.  I'm Texian.  I am completely new here, but excited to learn more about the 1860 Spencer carbine in my possession.  Hope to discuss it with you soon.

Offline cwbuff

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2010, 11:44:46 AM »
Hi I'm cwbuff in the Old Dominion. I shoot a converted original Spencer rifle in the Wilder SN range. I track all Spencer rifles I see at gun shows that are in the range.

Offline Chris

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
Good afternoon,
I would like to join the The Spencer Shootiing Society. 

Thanks,
Chris

Offline Shekatagani

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
Hello The Fire
I go by Shekatagani over here on CAS and El Viejo Loco on SASS. I just go (30 min. ago ) a Taylor's Spencer in 44-40 Cal. . I want to join this group as I am sure I am going to have a ton of questions. Much obliged to you all. Shekatagani

Offline Bummer 1864

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
Hello SSS,

I have been a Civil War reenactor for about 20 years or so. I purchased a Taylors '65 rifle in 56-50 for my late war infantry impression. I have always been fascinated with the Spencer rifle and now that I have owned one, it has grown even more. I love this rifle!

I am really hoping to start doing some loading and live firing with it in the very near future.
Jeff "Thad" Gallagher
Pit Rat Mess
49th OVI

Offline Dogeater

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
Hi, Troops,

I am a  gun freak that loves shooting the old ones. I can't afford collector quality arms so I pick up non-shooters at gun shows and refurbish/repair/rebuild them as I find the parts. I've been lurking in the bushes waiting for my S&S center fire breech block for my 1865 to arrive before I signed up----It arrived today, so sign me up. It looks like I  have one of the 5% that will probably need extensive fitting. They didn't send any instructions so I'll have to call them in the morning. My Spencer (s/n 19324) has been "cowboy customized".  The original rear sight has been removed, a flat filed  and a home made one with elevator dovetailed to barrel. The steel front sight blade has been replaced with a filed down 1800's dime).  I was really surprised that the  sights work so well.  The silver blade really shows up good for these seventy-one year old eyes!! Other than the sights, my old Spencer is original, in excellent shape and IS A SHOOTER! I'll be picking you expert's brains on reloading, etc., later.  I'm an "old guy" but like a kid when it comes to old guns, damascus knives and classic cars. I love to throw big chunks of lead down range in a cloud of white smoke and do so all year long here in the Nevada high desert. I hunt chukar with a Grade IV Damascus L.C. Smith 10 gauge and mule deer with my 45-90 86 Winchester (1889).  Getting long winded so I'd better close.  Talk to you later.

Dogeater

Offline tumbleweed7

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Tumbleweed7 armed and ready for duty!

Sign me up Sir!!

Offline torsion

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 04:55:59 AM »
Hello all, Torsion here from Hampton VA. Sigh me up.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com