Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 04:04:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Spencer Shooting Society (Moderator: Two Flints)  |  Topic: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!!  (Read 70443 times)
The Yankee Bandit
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2005, 12:19:14 am »

The Yankee Bandit checking in.

Thanks for the invite Two Flints.
toballes
Citizen

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2005, 12:39:19 pm »

Two Flints,
Just acquired a Taylor's 56-50 carbine last week here in Birmingham, so please sign me up to join your Spencer Shooting Society. We look forward to learning more about this gun and naturally using it in the field.

Maj. Dean Barber, Commanding,
Division Cavalry Brigade, Dismtd Cavalry
First Federal Division
3rd Battalion Cumberland Cavalry
In camp near Roebuck Springs, Ala. with the 1st Alabama Cavalry, Co. C, USV

For more information about the 1st Alabama Cavalry, U.S., or the unionist movement in Alabama, visit the website www.1stalabamacavalryusv.com

Maj. Dean Barber, Commanding,
Division Cavalry Brigade, Dismtd Cavalry
First Federal Division
3rd Battalion Cumberland Cavalry
In camp near Roebuck Springs, Ala. with the 1st Alabama Cavalry, Co. C, USV

For more information about the 1st Alabama Cavalry, U.S., or the unionist movement in Alabama, visit the website www.1stalabamacavalryusv.com
Backstrap Bill
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2005, 02:25:12 am »

Howdy from Coulson City, Montana Territoty.

Don't own a Spencer yet, but hope to do so before next spring.

Thought I'd join the forum & learn from those who have experience, and hence wisdom, with Spencers.

Backstrap Bill

Ain't got to where I'm going, but I'm past where I been.
Lastcigar
NCOWS
Active citizen

ambro by Rambow

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2005, 09:46:19 pm »

My alias is Lastcigar.  Just got a Armi .44 Russian Spencer.  I will be firing it for the first time this Sunday at a Sass event.  Any suggestions?
My e-mail is lastcigat@hotmail.com.
Already learned a lot just reading the posts.
Thanks 

Lastcigar

LastCigar
USMC 1966-70   Viet Nam 69-70
SASS GAF NCOWS
BOSS SSS Henry Shooter
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2005, 09:07:52 am »

Howdy pard,

Prepare yourself.  You are going to have more fun and get more style pointsss than you ever imagined!  ENJOY the "Spencer Experience."

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
bluesuit01
Active citizen

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 09:19:29 am »

Bought an Armi Sport in .45 Schofield from Taylors about two years ago. Have used it in several reenactments and have live fired a bunch of rounds. I would like to join.

Timothy Downey
I Company, 8th KY Cavalry
Spencer Shooting Society #96
Grand Army of the Frontier #408
rfd
Citizen

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2005, 03:32:36 pm »

I own a early Spencer (First of the Carbines received by the Govt in Oct. 63) and it was converted to 50 cal.  I shoot it all the time in N-SSA events.  I would love to see if I can find more information about this Spencer.  Is there any place I can have the s/n traced to see if I can be connected to any unit from either the Civil War or the Indian Wars.  I am also interested in know what the rest of you who shoot the 50 cal cartridge use to load your rounds?  I am thinking of working up a longer range cartridge that would reach out 100yd-200 yds (Maybe using Swiss Powder)..  Any suggestiong would be welcomed

"Using the past to promote the future"
Spencer McCarty
Citizen

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2005, 11:11:01 pm »

rfd,  here is a website that does have some info  http://www.armscollectors.com/srs.htm
Highpower
Citizen

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2005, 05:15:25 pm »

New Guy here,
Have an old 56-56 that was used for blanks in the 70's. Would like to purchase some brass / bullets and try it for accuracy.
Any shooters want to sell a few brass and hanfull of bullets? Would like to try her before jumping in to far. Just figured out how
to get a 50-70 to shoot! Not a blackpowder guy,so this is new to me. Any help appreciated.
St. George
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2005, 11:10:54 pm »

I've got two original Carbines - one tack-decorated, with a rawhide wrap at the wrist - both 56-50.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."
Two Flints
Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 06:58:21 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   

SAINTS BE PRAISED!!!!!!!

SSS is now at 100 members  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Two Flints

Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery
Major Matt Lewis
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2005, 03:53:28 pm »

I have a 56-50 on order.  I put it in the last day of the Great Spencer Sale....

Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge
RattlesnakeJack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2005, 04:19:06 pm »

Figure it's also time for me to "join up", since my acquisition of a 56-50 carbine is under way!

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier
Old West ClipArt & History Website:  http://rattlesnakejacks.com/
Barbarossa
Citizen

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2005, 10:39:43 pm »

Hi
   I ve just been bitten with the Spencer bug and since there is no cure known to man for it figured I best join up so with you folk so as you can help me cope with my new affilction.
HAWKEYE
HAWK
Citizen

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2005, 12:27:18 am »

Signing in..

Been a BP shooter for 19 years.  I'm a Rev war and WWII Re-enactor.... yeah I know.. no Spencers there.. but I always wanted one so last year I found a Taylor's 56-50 at a great price.. I haven't shot it yet with the high cost of ammo but I want to.  Any good alternatives to Ten-X and $90.00 a box??

Capt./ New Acquisition Militia Yorkville, S.C. 1780
Capt./ Cussewaggo Rifles Meadville, PA.1780
T-5 5th Rangers A Coy/rs Lancaster, SC
Pvt. 82nd Abn Div Living History Detachment
Pvt. 505 F Company, 82nd Abn Div.
Wagon Wheel
Active citizen

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2005, 02:40:07 pm »

Wagon Wheel signing up and ready for duty just as soon as my Taylor's 56-50 arrives!
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator * Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2005, 03:43:58 pm »

I guess I kinda fit in , I've own an orginial 56-56 21XXX for some 30 years . The bore is mirror bright & has an S&S CF Breach Block.

But today I got into one heck of a trade... So now I have a NIB Spencer too.

abanaki
Citizen

Train Worker and Gun merchant

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2005, 10:58:17 pm »

Cheesy  Abanaki is in with your bunch at last after a too long a wait.

God invented coffee to make getting up in the morning worth it and whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world!
Caleb Hobbs
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2005, 08:55:50 pm »

Hello, the fire:

Just wanted to drop in and say howdy. I picked up my Taylor's Spencer in 56-50 last weekend and haven't even shot it yet, but I intend to remedy that as soon as possible. Happy holidays.

Caleb Hobbs
Ed Clintwood
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2005, 03:52:29 pm »

Hello Spencer Shooters,

Please register, and let us know you have arrived.  Please, JUST REGISTER HERE ONLY.  Start a new topic elsewhere in the SSS Forum.  This topic is just a place where new members can register. Send me your Email address and Cowboy (if you have one) Alias.  I need your Email address just for communication between members of SSS.

Two Flints

Howdy, Ed Clintwood SASS # 68370 here.  Ain't spent no time in the calvery just easier to hit things with a long gun Wink  expecially if it ain't movin
Snapshot
Very Active Citizen

Aim Small - Miss Small

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2005, 05:22:05 am »

I have just desided to get a Spencer 56 - 50 Rifle, I have wanted one for a loooong time, now it is due....!
I am selling my old 40 - 65 Pedersolli Sharps to get the funds I need for a new Spencer..

So what is more natural than to check in with the "Spencer Shooting Society".? 

A few of you might have seen my signature on the old CAS-L...? 
I still considder me self a s good friend of Marshall H, ewen if he has moved to Kansas and we don not see him much in Norway anymore...!  I do tree CW re-enactment units, one Napoloeonic and I shoot CAS in Norway.. I`we been to a few Rendezvous in the
US (1750 - 1840), I am a history buff and a shooter of Flint and Percusion guns to Indian War erea cartridge guns.
I am a pro. Photographer and a part time Officer in the Norwegian Home-Guard.  I build some guns my self to....Nuff Said.

Two Flints, put me on the SSS roll please.!  ( I`m all happy that I found you guys.)

Best Regards
Snapshot,  Norway

Honour is like a an island, steep and without a shore.
Once you leave you can newer return.!

General Johan Von Ewald, Danish/Norwegian Army Until 1813
Cav Trooper
Citizen

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2006, 07:10:45 pm »

Larry reporting, (aka Cav Trooper). Served with 2nd ACR in Nurnberg, Germany 67/68, 71st AHC Americal ChuLai S. VietNam 69. Own an unmolested 1860 56-56 Spencer without the cutoff, bore not bad for an old boy, slugs to .535". I have converted to centerfire from S&S and have reloaded and shot 50 rds through it. I need help with reloading questions about the cases, Rapine healed bullets and Rapine hollow base bullets and crimping. I'm using FFg Goex at 35 and 40 gr. with home made SPG lube. This rifle is going to be fun as soon as I can work the bugs out of loading. Also looking for less expensive cases, I bought turned brass at $2.00 a pop, ouch! Any info and help would be much appreciated. I've read everything I could find and listened to everyone so far and need to sort it all out and get the skinny from fellers who shoot these beauties.

Thanks,

Cav Trooper

Sgt. L Galaske
71st AHC S. Vietnam
2nd ACR W. Germany
1966/1969
Chance
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2006, 03:16:32 am »

Figure I ought to join up. Although I don't own a Spencer (yet) I am about to become the official importer of Armi Sport rifles into the UK. You can bet I will direct any Spencer buyers to this site.
Cinch ring Sam
NCOWS
Citizen

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2006, 10:10:32 am »

Howdy all;Thought it was time I joined. Just got my 56-50 Spencer from taylors. Cant believe I've had it for about two weeks & haven't fired it yet. Anyway the"fondle factor" is quite high on this rifle. I have long been facinated by the Spencer design and finally decided that at 68 years old my 45-70s were kicking me more than they used to.(how does that work?) So I sold one for the Spencer.
I got brass, dies & bullets from Buffalo Arms. Seems like a good outfit. Found out my Dillon won't work,so now I will have to see if I can snivel & whine enough to get back at least temporarily the other loading gear I gave away last year, knowing I wouldn't need it any more. Story of my life.
Anyway, glad to be on board. I look forward to swapping experiences with a very knowledgable bunch.

Sam

cinch ring sam
Two Flints
Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2006, 10:18:44 am »

Sam,

Welcome to SSS.  If you have things to sell, try our classified section or post here on SSS.

I'm sure Dakota Widowmaker will contact you.

Two Flints

Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Spencer Shooting Society (Moderator: Two Flints)  |  Topic: TO JOIN OUR SPENCER SHOOTING SOCIETY - PLEASE REGISTER HERE !!!! « previous next »
Jump to: