Author Topic: Manitowoc - Two Rivers, WI  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Manitowoc - Two Rivers, WI
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »
In late 1968 or early 1969 an Army reserve unit from that area was attached to the 69th Maint, Bn, (HE GS) at Cam Ranh Bay, South Vietnam.

I was an Ordnance Supply Officer on the Battalion Staff and had several of the Wisconsin guys sharing a Quonset hut office and two story chicken-coop barracks with me.

I haven't a clue how to reach anyone up there except to ask for help from any pards who live there. The youngest of those fellas are 60 or older by now, the oldest likely close to 70, but may remember Captain Tom Taylor from Logan, Cache Valley, Utah...REAL dairy country. (Long story.)

If any of you turn up any of them, let me know how to get in touch. You can email or PM me.

Thanks.

Nostalgic Rod
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Manitowoc - Two Rivers, WI
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »
try together we served dot com  one werd  www.togetherweserved.com
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »
The 377th Maintenance Company is located in Manitowoc.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:35:02 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:37:22 PM »
It's a small world after all.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »
Been 40 years ago. I don't recall the names and unit designation of those fellas.  Mostly Swedes and poles.  They all fell right in with the rest of us and within a few days were part of the mob.  Could have been the 377th.  I just don't recall anymore. Many of the organizations I was in have disappeared or their designations have changed, especially the units that were in 'Nam or in support of the ones who were there.  Same with all the Nike-Herc and HAWK units I was connected to.

We covered most of II Corps South HQ out of Nha Trang, supporting all manner of heavy equipment and supplies to the Army, some USAF, Marine, and Navy units, and one Aussie AF outfit down by Phan Rang.

I'll try that link and see what turns up.  Thanks.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com