Author Topic: Dr. Bob & Da Hard Colonel  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
Dr. Bob & Da Hard Colonel
« on: April 25, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »
Had a good time Doc... enjoyed the game ...great to meet you 
Have a safe trip home, and hope to see you again soon.... ;D

Please relay to the Hard Colonel & Cinda, it was great to see them again  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dr. Bob & Da Hard Colonel
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:21:39 PM »
Major 2, If you were with Dr. Bob you were in good company. He is one of the finest gentlemen that I have meet in NCOWS. Always there with a kind word or a helping hand. I am proud to call him my friend. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »
 :-[ Aw shucks TJ,  I'm honored to be yer friend too!!

Maj. 2 is one fine fella too!  He and M T Chambers came up to St. Augustine just to visit me and we played Bluff half of the day.  They are both the kind of fellows that we need to start an NCOWS posse down there in Florida.  Since Maj. 2 is in the TARGET business, they should be in good shape!  [Wish I was in good shape :o ::) ;D ]  It was great to finally meet you in person and jaw for a bit!

Wilco on Steve and Cynda!!  They enjoyed their time visiting with you as well!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:44:17 AM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 07:48:08 AM »
Since Maj. 2 is in the TARGET business  ;D   ;D 
I honestly can't remember being more relaxed at an event ,TJ your right ...I'm proud tocall Doc "Friend"

The beans & ham with pulled bread hit the spot...even if they did "talk behind my back" as it were ! 
Many of the reenactors were very old friends..and I enjoyed seeing them  Juan Seguin  ;)

Doc, Steve & Cynda are the best, MT and I will go back next year..Joe told me the last minute camping issue will be resolved next time.
Then we can, hit the pub and hear Da Hard Colonel sing  :D , and I might even win a hand at Bluff  :-\

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »
Not with the ole Doc. dealing!! :o ::) :o ::) :o  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Offline M.T. Chamber

• Citizen
  • The old mare's slow but you can ride her all day!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »
I had a grand time at the fort and look forward to doing it again soon.  Steve and Cynda were great.  Actually, everyone I met was very hospitable.  Doc does deal a mean hand of bluff.  I think he cheats though!  ;D

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:47:36 PM »
Howdy MT,

Wish I had the dexterity to do that! :o ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »
I had a grand time at the fort and look forward to doing it again soon.  Steve and Cynda were great.  Actually, everyone I met was very hospitable.  Doc does deal a mean hand of bluff.  I think he cheats though!  ;D

Cheat... :o   you won most of the hands !...even after you tried to pair a Jack & a King on us  :-*

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
Roger, It sounds like Dr. Bob has become a "card sharp".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »
Major 2, If you were with Dr. Bob you were in good company. He is one of the finest gentlemen that I have meet in NCOWS. Always there with a kind word or a helping hand. I am proud to call him my friend. TJ

Hmm, must be a different Dr. Bob than the one I know. ;D

The one I know is as ornery as I am. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
Hmm, must be a different Dr. Bob than the one I know. ;D

The one I know is as ornery as I am. ;)

well I think he was a tad miffed when the British Lady asked if we (MT & Myself) were Pirates  ::) and if Doc Bob was Milkman  >:(
 She was nice, but ignorant  :-\
I asked her "why do we look Somali .... ?" (under my breath in my best smart ass retort )  but Bob remained a complete gentleman 

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
I've heard it said that Dr. Bob is not only an accomplished re-enactor spanning several eras; not only a Sporting Gentleman; not only a 'bon vivant' and Ladies Man, but he is a commanding presence on the dance floor!

The man lives his life like he means business, and to hell with public opinion. ;D

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:50:23 PM »
well I think he was a tad miffed when the British Lady asked if we (MT & Myself) were Pirates  ::) and if Doc Bob was Milkman  >:(
 She was nice, but ignorant  :-\
I asked her "why do we look Somali .... ?" (under my breath in my best smart ass retort )  but Bob remained a complete gentleman 

I'm LOL, was at Rock Creek Station one time and a young English fella came by and wanted to know why we had all those buckets full of ashes. ;D

Well the buckets full of ashes were dutch ovens with coals from my fire on them. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 07:56:07 PM »
I've heard it said that Dr. Bob is not only an accomplished re-enactor spanning several eras; not only a Sporting Gentleman; not only a 'bon vivant' and Ladies Man, but he is a commanding presence on the dance floor!

The man lives his life like he means business, and to hell with public opinion. ;D

He, like me have a seen a few era's  :-\

It's mind over matter

Those that matter .... don't mind .....those that mind ...don't matter !

Good thing SHE did not ask  " Where are your BUCCANEERS ? " , I'd a said .... well you know the answer  ;D

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Major 2, I just have to meet you one day at an NCOWS event! It will be the stuff of legends.

(By the way, if you ply Dr. Bob with some fine Port or Madeira, he will confess that not only does he own, but knows how to function. .operate in, . . . .,be cool in a Zoot Suit! ;))
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »
Well all the above pretty much covers the Dr. Bob that I know. He's just an all right guy, and that's around the camp fire or riding the wild river. TJ  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
Texas Lawdog,

Whaddya mean "become" a card sharp?  ??? ??? ::)  I ain't no newcomer! ;) ;D    I am pretty much guilty of all of the charges, but won't admit to it mostly! ;D ::) ;D

RCJ,

Wore my 1910's white double breasted suit when I went to visit my friends in Georgia.  Co. Sanders would be jealous. ;D :o ;D  Bought a new 1950's Hawaiian shirt while I was there.  Oh, and several dandy whiskey bottles! 

Maj. 2,

She was kind of ditsy!  The girl that played Bluff with us and then sat next to me was real SMART!!  She said that I was cute!  Such wisdom for such a young girl.  And she was cute too!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »
Texas Lawdog,

Whaddya mean "become" a card sharp?  ??? ??? ::)  I ain't no newcomer! ;) ;D    I am pretty much guilty of all of the charges, but won't admit to it mostly! ;D ::) ;D

RCJ,

Wore my 1910's white double breasted suit when I went to visit my friends in Georgia.  Co. Sanders would be jealous. ;D :o ;D  Bought a new 1950's Hawaiian shirt while I was there.  Oh, and several dandy whiskey bottles! 

Maj. 2,

She was kind of ditsy!  The girl that played Bluff with us and then sat next to me was real SMART!!  She said that I was cute!  Such wisdom for such a young girl.  And she was cute too!

Dr. B,
I know you catch a lot of flak about your eccentricities, but they are served with love . . .
you are one of a kind, and epitomize the love of documentation for the history that NCOWS is all about.
RCJ
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 03:55:40 AM »
 ;D  "The girl that played Bluff with us and then sat next to me was real SMART!!  She said that I was cute!  Such wisdom for such a young girl.  And she was cute too!"

I remember her...and she was !

The last time I was called cute was 60 years ago  :-X and then I was naked on Bear rug  ;)

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Major 2, I just have to meet you one day at an NCOWS event! It will be the stuff of legends.

(By the way, if you ply Dr. Bob with some fine Port or Madeira, he will confess that not only does he own, but knows how to function. .operate in, . . . .,be cool in a Zoot Suit! ;))

Same here RCJ... hope to make the Convention one day.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com