Author Topic: I am good at asking Dumb questions?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am good at asking Dumb questions?
« on: March 18, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
Howdy Pards,
 My favorite pistols to shoot are, my 1872 open tops with 4 3/4" barrel, is there anyone making anything like the 51's 60's or 72's made in the 22caliber? When you can shoot a 22lr for what it cost for a primer, if you can find them!!
I was hopeing to sell some cap and ball pistols to buy a set of Plinkertons, but i would rather have the Navy 72's!
 I would be great full for any advice!
Thanks
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
Re: I am good at asking Dumb questions?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 05:06:46 PM »
Howdy Ace,
Those guns don't come in .22, but I think there are "inserts" (not sure what you call them) available in various calibers that are like an empty brass casing with a hole in the middle into which you place a .22 cartridge, so you can shoot them in larger caliber guns.  They won't be too accurate because the bullet doesn't contact the rifling of the bore.  Maybe someone else familiar with these can give you more info.

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
Thanks  Abilene  for the reply! I do believe If I am up to it i am going to do some playing, so i am looking to buy anyones old 51's,60' junkers parts and peices!
Thanks
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:59:06 AM »

Offline EdsPlace

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:41 AM »
I got a set of those inserts for Christmas and have only tried them out once.  The ejector rod on my '72 Opentop is too big to work for ejecting the cases so I made myself a brass rod to use.   I haven't used it yet.  The inserts have hexagonal rifling (all of 1/4"!) but I can't say how well it works.  I couldn't hit a barn.  The instruction sheet says low velocity 22's work best.  I have some CB longs I've been meaning to try, but have been too busy shooting the real thing now I'm set up to reload for it (45 LC).

For the most part, I'm a little disappointed.  If I want to shoot 22's, I can just use my Ruger Single Six without the hassle.

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »
If I ever get anything sold, I am going to buy a pair of the Cimmaron Plinkertons! They say they feel just like the 1873 colt! Althought I realy like shooting my open tops!!
Later Fella's
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com