Author Topic: How long will this Guns and Ammo fringe's go on!!  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How long will this Guns and Ammo fringe's go on!!
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:48:31 PM »
howdy Pards,
 I don't know about you pards in your area's, but things are going nuts!! You can't find hardly any Ammo, I reload everything I shoot, but reloading componets have went out of site! >:( Since my plans of shootins CAS has allmost left my mind because I don't seemto ever get any relief from the back pain, that i would still shot and maybe shoot a lot of 22's because of the cost!!
I guess I feel a sleep this time, in 1986 I bet those blood suckers and spent every penny I hand on primers and powder!! But with all my problems, I wasn't thinking what was going to happen.If you find a brick of 22's they won't be plated, and they will cost you $21.00-$26.00 a brick. Walmart around here hasn't changed there price yet, but you have to be right there when they come in, or you won't get any!
 So I was hopeing to here from you guys, if you all are having the same problems?
And what do you think about those 22 inserts for the 1873 45LC?
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: How long will this Guns and Ammo fringe's go on!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
In a word: YES!!  Around here, you gotta get it when you see it or it'll be gone when you look again.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Sgt. Jake

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »
   Ace    Ya even up here in the woods of Vermont things concerning guns and ammo have been BONKERS,for Vermont. By the sounds of some of the storries Ive heard and read,not as bad as some locations.I gauge things by two things the supply and price of Federal primers.While not impossible to find they have been some what limited in all variations prices have been running 25.00 to 30.00 a K for the Standard small and large pistol,rifle primers.If you were looking to by 30000 to 40000 at one time or location you might have a problem,the usual two or three thousand, not so.Went to a gun show two weeks ago and if the seller had Black or plastic guns the row was two or three deep,same for the ammo dealers. the folks that had the kind of things I was interested in, CAS,old guns,No waiting.Just the view from my neck of the woods.    Adios  Sgt.Jake

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:57:21 PM »

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »
Yep, same here at the gun show at Joplin!! I need to sell somethings, I thing I will buy a pair of those Cimmaron Plinkerton 1873 copy cats in 22. I did buy some primers but they were High, I bought small, and that is all the money I had! Going to buy some Large pistol primers, if you get lucking and are at Walmart when they come in, you can still get them for $13.68 a brick! Ad sales taxs and it is 3 cents each, same as a primer cost. So I think I will be shooting 22's.
 May not be no truth to this, I have heard that if the big guy gets his way, he is going to tax ammo as much as you pay for! I can't imagine paying $5.00 a box for 22's and then a $5.00 tax!!
Like I said that is just something I heard!!
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Thai Fighter

• Top Active Citizen
  • Garrish and "B Western" Cheesy since '67
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:37 AM »
My local Wal Mart has nothing but shot shells and Winchester .44 spl Cowboy loads.  So that works for me.  As of 3-days ago they probably still had 450 rnds (9 boxes) on the shelf.

I've still got bricks of .22 in the closet as well, I don't know how many thousands of rounds that works out to be.  I accidentally got them 20 years ago at a Service merchandise when I wanted to buy 10 50 rounds boxes and they gave my 10 "1,000 round cases" or something like that.  I immediately called the guy who rung me up and told him it was a mistake, the kid just shrugged and said "take'em".  I asked to talk to the manager and he said it was their mistake and just to take 'em as well.  I've been only able to go through 2 bricks in that time.  I'd have to actually look and figure out the round count sitting on my shelf now.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 06:21:35 AM »
Now that alot of Democrats including Reed and Pelosi have come out against renewing the "assault weapon" ban and people are starting to see that President Obama has his hands full with much more pressing matters,  the rush to arm should die down a bit and ammo and black guns will be a plenty again.  I have a feeling that this countries citizens are now the best armed we have ever been and I think that is probably a good thing.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
Howdy Pards,
 Over at the Springfield Mo. Gun Show Sat. I saw more people buying Black Guns then every in my life! And that is a small show compared to some I have been to! And one guy was selling Primers for $50.00 per 1000 :o :o :o I don't think he sold many, But while waiting for the wife to pick me up I seen over a 150 cases of 223/6.29x39 ammo go buy me! I just hope that people will get everything bought up and the prices come back down!
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
...  the rush to arm should die down a bit and ammo and black guns will be a plenty again.  I have a feeling that this countries citizens are now the best armed we have ever been and I think that is probably a good thing.

My friend owns a gun store.  He has named Obama his "Employee of the Year", and put his picture up on the wall with that caption.  This I find really cool!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
I returned a box of Federal primers after Christmas in favor of getting some C&B supplies.  The jurry is still out on how stupid of a move that was.  I own two 22 rifles and would like to add a Mark III pistol to the group just for the reasons listed above.  I've seen ads for the 45 conversions but have never run across anyone who has used one. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:02:30 PM »
night eyes, You are right! there have been mant many people made 3-4 years living since election, if they were stocked up!
Like the old saying goes, it takes money to make money!!

ACE

That's why all I am shooting is 22's
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Big Sexy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »
I was at a gun show a couple weeks ago in Conroe, Tx and it was so crowded that you couldnt move. People were buying black guns and any semi-auto handgun they could get their hands on. I went to buy some cast bullets and just walked up and bought em. The prices on .223 and 7.62x39 ammo was DOUBLE what it normally is and they were wheelin it out like there was no tomorrow.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »
Somehow I hadn't realized just how universal the shortage is until just a few minutes ago, when I tried to locate some .45acp ammo online.  Even my favorite vendor, from whom I frequently buy factory reloads, has a five- to seven-week order backlog on EVERYTHING, including CAS ammo.

Yeesh!!! :o :o :o

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »
Daniel,   Try Ammodirect.com.       I just bought some 45 ACP rounds from them and it took only 2 weeks. 

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
Daniel,   Try Ammodirect.com.       I just bought some 45 ACP rounds from them and it took only 2 weeks. 

Tried 'em.  When I began their online checkout process, though, I learned that their security certificate has expired.  Guess I'll have to call them.

Offline L.G.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 08:43:47 AM »
Deadeye, how'd you geet yours so fast?  I'm supposed to get mine delivered today, 4 weeks after they were orderd.  My .45 Colt's reloads took almost 3 months to turn around, good thing it was winter.
SASS #48097
NRA #2008175
Gateway Shootist Society
Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
WartHog
B.O.S.S. #19
RATS #130
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Slingshot383

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
L.G.,   I am not sure how mine came so fast.  Did you order the 45 ACPs?

Offline L.G.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »
 Yep, 45ACP 230 gr. lead bullit for Wild Bunch and Indiana Jones matches.
SASS #48097
NRA #2008175
Gateway Shootist Society
Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
WartHog
B.O.S.S. #19
RATS #130
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Slingshot383

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »
Looked at what some might call odd calibers...they're common on my shelve. At our local toy store.  Win 44-40 $71.00  that's not a miss print . TenX .44 russian were $44 Tenx .38 colts I bought in Dec at $27 are now $38.  Primers went up to $40 from last Saturdays >$38 and he only had one box of large pistol.  Powder is up 50%

Eagle brand .45 acp full shelve $22 a box
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com