Author Topic: I'm shootin' the 1860's Manana  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Manatee

• Active citizen
    • Banana River Outfitters
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm shootin' the 1860's Manana
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:26:39 PM »
Big Ed made a gorgeous pair of holsters for a pair of 1860's that I bought from a really fine guy named Harvey Sumbuddy....

Anyways, they are goin' out tomorrow to their first match with me and Big Ed...well, part of Big Ed.

This shoot is gonna be for grins.  I have 4 different rifles that I've fixed for myself or other folks, plus a coupla stages left over for the "Pick of the Litter" for the rest of the day.

Sometimes it's just good to be able to ambulate! ;D

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: I'm shootin' the 1860's Manana
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 02:48:28 PM »
Gee Whiskers, some Pardners have all the FUN.  Do enjoy and I will be green with envy all Easter Day.  I'll be the sad face behind the lilies ... :'(
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Offline Manatee

• Active citizen
    • Banana River Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 04:10:57 PM »
No BP shooters showed up.  I shot the guns on the first stage and they did well.  I'm going to need to up my powder charge from 25 grains of FFg though...not enough buck and roar.

Since I was alone, I switched over to smokeyless duelist and shot a bunch of different guns.  The Lightning did just fine on the first stage I used it, except I got ahead of the gun trying to impress a few State Champ types and jammed the nose of the 7th out of 9 rounds into the top of the action.  In frustration, I set it down and didn't clear it.

I went back on a later stage and ran it on a continuous 9 shot Nevada sweep on 3 targets.  It was definitely the fastest rifle split on that stage...at least that was my impression. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:48:29 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com