Author Topic: Now I Seen Everythin  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Now I Seen Everythin
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:07:25 AM »
Got lent a movie called "The Jackals".  Couldn't resist cause it was a western starring Vincent Price.
Start watchin an see that it's a western set in Africa of all places, though you'd never know it if it weren't fer the Wild Kingdom footage spliced in here an there.  Watch some more an see its a verbatim ripoff of "Yellow Sky" with Greg Peck.  Dang near down ta each line of dialog, ya just get Brittish accents.
Price was good at playin the crazy old miner, but hearin his voice in a western was as strange as I thought it would be.  Hardware an clothing followed suit, specialy with the girl.  Don't balieve they made pants like that fer wimmin back then an if they did gettin em over in Africa woulda been a chore.
     Best of all was the musical score.  Bout as disconnected from what was happening as could be. 
     They gave it a happy ending complete with more silly music.  I miss Mr. Peck.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com