Author Topic: Greasemonkeys  (Read 18748 times)

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Greasemonkeys
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
Hey guys,

OMG  LOL, that's awesome.  Thanks for all the support, and as Leo said, I actually play it all.
For the Music department though, I'm trying out with Trumpet.  Yesterday was my prelimenary audition, and I got in!!  I'm in the Collegiate Band which is pretty easy to get into, and you don't have to be a music major to be in it.  I'm also now in the marching band in the fall!

as for the major, I'm first trying out with trumpet.  I have two major parts to the audition I have to prepare for:
technical skill (very fast, articulated and shows my ability with the horn)
lyrical skill (can I "sing" with the horn)  which I'm going to be playing "Ain't Misbehavin' by Satchmo!  It's always been one of my favorites on trumpet.

After that, for the music education portion, I'll be taking classes to teach piano, guitar, drums, tuba, trumpet, clarinet, and saxophone.

thanks for the support guys!

I should have up a new comic by Saturday!!  It may even be the Sunday comic I told you about!

also, here's the trumpet instructors website in case you want to check it out... turns out NAU has one of the best music departments in the country!

http://www4.nau.edu/trumpet/
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »
Willie, Take care of the LIPS!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 11:50:32 AM »
I remember watching the marching band from Gramblin when I was kid.  They did some really trick stuff on the field.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:30:28 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »
Leo, You ain't seen nuthin' till you've seen the Florida A & M Rattlers Band.  They can Move and Groove.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »
That might be the one I's thinkin of, the dudes twerlin the trombones an such an doin funky back steps.  I think they was wearin red.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
Leo, You ain't seen nuthin' till you've seen the Florida A & M Rattlers Band.  They can Move and Groove.

Doan fergit Prairieview A&M's band..... they shake n' bake!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
That would be some halftime show with Florida A & M, Grambing, and Prairie View .

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 02:16:43 AM »
hey guys,

here's last year's marching band for NAU:

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2009, 08:23:28 AM »
Leo, The band you saw was probably Florida A&M because their uniforms are reddish Orange.  Grambling is Black and Gold and Prairie View is Blue and Gold.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
Hey guys,
as you know I got pretty busy... lol that's an understatement.  But the good news is that I had some free time last night and worked on something I've been meaning to do.  It's my logo, a logo for what?  I dunno, but it's my logo, that best describes me.  I was thinking about painting it on top of my gas tank on my Harley.  Let me know what you think!

It's kinda hard to read in the small image, but on the left it says "Raising Hell" and on the right "Amazing Grace"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 05:27:02 PM »
Willie, I believe that says it all.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
thanks Tex

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
It could be a tattoo.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »
thinking about it actually. on my back, bout the size of my back too, no one would see it except when I have a shirt off.  would be fine in uniform.
either that or on my shoulder.

ooh, and I'm working on a second edition to Greasemonkey's too!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 07:28:52 PM »
The gal that plays Abby on NCIS has a big cross on her back.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »
she does?  I haven't noticed it! Damn!  I love that show, and yeah, Abb's my favorite! lol

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2009, 05:51:16 AM »
She's definitely got some interesting artwork.  There's an old episode where she is dressed like MM in "The Seven Year Itch". When she turns her back to the camera,you can see it.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2009, 09:26:34 AM »
I the opening scenes from one of the seasons, she is pulling on a tee shirt, with her back to the camera, and you get a real good view if it.  I’m not so sure that most of her tats are just for the show.  By the way Pauley Perrette (Abby) has a Masters in Criminology.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:26 AM »
The car she drives on the show is a red custom 32 Ford 5 window coupe.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
yeah, Abby is definitely my fave.  you can tell she has a degree in ciminology because of how easy the script just rolls off her, very natural.  Also, I hear most of her parts are ad-libbed, probably because they know she knows what she's talking about better than the writers! lol

anyways adding another drawing I did today while eating my lunch.  I've been working on this concept for "my wolf" for a long time.  Finally happy with the concept.

The story behind him is that while I was a kid in the boy scouts I met some Navajo, and the spiritual leader was telling us about totems and what they mean to their tribe, etc.  He was saying some are the embodiment of the person, and others are their guardians.  Apparently mine is the wolf, makes sense considering what he stands for.

anyways, here's my interpretation of "my wolf"

also I think I finally found a medium I'm truly happy with, it's been around the whole time! lol
for these latest ones I've been using artist's pencils and permanent marker.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com