Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 761813 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #1440 on: April 17, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Well,  "FIFI" should be landing at the Vintage Flight Museum in Fort Worth shortly. I over slept this morning. I will probably wait till next week to visit. They have a big Air Show at Carswell JRB today, which is near the VFM.  I will try to take some pictures with my camera of FIFI, Ol 927, and anything else of interest.

I hope you have a LOT of extra memory in your camera/phone, 'cause it ALL interest me and prob'ly many others!
 :D
 ::)
 ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1441 on: April 17, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
OK although I didn't get to see Dolittle's guys a family friend did get to, he's a pilot in the Air Guard for one of the KC135's. 

One of the B-25's:

He's the one to the left:

Guess the took them to the UNL spring game:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1442 on: April 18, 2011, 04:47:02 AM »
Del, That is a great picture of the B-25. That is "Show Me", a B-25 assigned to the Missouri Wing of the CAF, at St. Charles, Missouri.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1443 on: Today at 08:16:26 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1443 on: April 18, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1444 on: April 18, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
Neat!!!!! ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #1445 on: April 19, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
Thought y'all might be interested in this:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/navy-celebrates-century-aviation-historic-paint-jobs

VERY cool!  Go Navy!!!  Seeing those F18s painted like #1: an F6F Hellcat and #2: an F4U Corsair is awesome!  The others are cool, too!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1446 on: April 20, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »
It's been 25 years since I visited the Naval Air Museum in Pensicola. I found out last night that our B24A will be staying in Addison. It can still take off and land over there but the B29 can't because it's too big for the runways that are still open. They put "FIFI" in the hangar last night in case the weather got bad.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1447 on: April 21, 2011, 05:24:36 AM »
The bad weather missed Fort Worth. "FIFI" is just fine in our B-29 hangar in Fort Worth.     Leo,  There are some great pictures of "Sentimental Journey" is this month's CAF's magazine.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1448 on: April 21, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
Here ya go Pop...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7umIJj8UBo[/youtube]
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1449 on: April 21, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
Leo, Thanks for the music and video. That was some of Doris Day's best music.  She said that song was special to her because she thought about the vets coming home from WW2 when she was singing it.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1450 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:16 PM »
Leo, Thanks for the music and video. That was some of Doris Day's best music.  She said that song was special to her because she thought about the vets coming home from WW2 when she was singing it.

My pleasure.  Me an Lil listen to that music when we play cards at night.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1451 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
Leo, My Dad had a great collection of 78s to listen to when I was a kid. I was born about a year after he got home.  He had all types of music. He liked country, especially Hank Sr. and Bob Wills.  He also listened to the Ink Spots, the Mills Bros., and Nat King Co;e, Guy Lombardo, The Dorseys,  and especially Glenn Miller. I was so lucky to be exposed to that era of music as a kid.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1452 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »
I played big band in junior high and looking into old planes I have found even more.  Vera Lynn is on my playlist.  She was an icon for the Brits.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1453 on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:56 AM »
"FIFI" is supposed to be in Fort Worth at the VFM till the end of the month. I don't know if the Museum will be open on Easter Sunday. We have our Squadron Meeting tomorrow morning in Addison.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1454 on: April 22, 2011, 02:44:37 PM »
I played Big Band music in high school as well. Some of my favorite stuff to do. i actually figured out Bobby Hacket's solo for " String Of Pearls", and used it once. Harry James was my Mom's idol and that's why I ended up playing trumpet in the first place. A couple of Harry's horns have been up for auction in the last year, king Super 20 symphony's. Went for big bucks, too..........Buck ::)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1455 on: April 22, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
I played Big Band music in high school as well. Some of my favorite stuff to do. i actually figured out Bobby Hacket's solo for " String Of Pearls", and used it once. Harry James was my Mom's idol and that's why I ended up playing trumpet in the first place. A couple of Harry's horns have been up for auction in the last year, king Super 20 symphony's. Went for big bucks, too..........Buck ::)

I still have a tape here of a fat Jr High kid (me) playing the solo in that song.  I always wonder if buddy originally improved it or if Glenn wrote it.  It's a weird one.

Show on right now about the WASPs.  Those were some tough gals.

Roland Deschain

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1456 on: April 22, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
One of the SASS shooters in Calif., Lumpy Grits I believe, his mother was a WASP ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1457 on: April 23, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
The WASP training base was near Big Spring, Tx. There are plans in the works to erect a memorial to honor the WASPS.  I paid a visit to Cavanaugh's Museum of Flight this morning. There is a lot of construction being done on the runways. Ol 927 is parked at it's home in the South Hangar. I got off without my phone and camera, so no pictures. Mr Cavanaugh has an extensive collection of Aircraft from WW2, Korean War, and VietNam. If anyone is ever in Dallas, the Cavanaugh Museum at Addison and the Frontier's of Flight Museum at Love Field in Dallas.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1458 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »
They are axking for volunteers to do some light sanding on the rudder and elevators on the A-26 to resurface and recover them. I'm planning on going Wed. morning and maybe next Sat. also. I ain't done much metal sanding since we got rid of the body shop in 1970.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1459 on: April 24, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
Prep work is the worst unless you was born ta do it.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com