Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 761875 times)

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
Dern, yer old!! ;D

Yup.  My character in the movie flew the Nieuport 11:
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:14 PM »
Also had one of these.  Too bad it isn't at the local Flying Circus anymore:

The S.E.5a
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »
Trinity swoops in behind for a dog fight.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:48:06 PM »

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »
Trinity swoops in behind for a dog fight.

Sadly, the Red Baron always gets him.

Great sites, 10zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The Dr I is just so cool!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 08:49:16 PM »
Ontly question is, who's idear was it ta put a fat bulls eyse on each wing ???

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 09:11:42 PM »
Don't seem like too good an idea does it,  maybe they figured if it was rifles shooting at em, that it'd be better to have em aimin at the wings rather than the engine or pilot.  ya notice they didn't put no bullseye under either one of them.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 11:23:55 PM »
SB I still want that little 25hp homebilt plane
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 11:52:07 PM »
Don't seem like too good an idea does it,  maybe they figured if it was rifles shooting at em, that it'd be better to have em aimin at the wings rather than the engine or pilot.  ya notice they didn't put no bullseye under either one of them.

Good point.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »
That Spad has Lafayette Escadrille markings on it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
Seein’ the Pungo place is plannin’ on puttin’ their Corsair in the air this weekend. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 08:31:37 AM »
Arcey, They had a feature on the Museum a couple of weeks ago on the Military Channel. They had some good video of the planes inside the hangar.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »
Still don’t understand ‘em. Ya gottah toot yer own horn. They fly the ones airworthy, damned near all of ‘em, regular ‘n the only way the folks what might wanna watch know is checkin’ their website. By the time I knew they’d acquired the B-25 it was already there, on the ground 'n in the hanger.

Ain’t my operation. They kin run it the way they want.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 09:03:04 AM »
I'm thinkin' about goin' over to that Museum in N. Dallas and applying to be a Volunteer. I ain't no aircraft mechanic, but I can sweep the floor and dust off the planes.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »
Wanna be a consultant myself. Was it the place in Richmond where they’ve got the Blackbird sittin’ out in the weather.

Was inside lookin’ it a beautiful ole gal. Had a kitty litter pan under the motor ‘n she’s steady leakin’ oil. Asked the tour guide if she was ever gonna fly again. Said no. Suggested they drain the crankcase.

Must drink Sam Adams. Don’t make no sense.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »
I'll let you know if I get hired or not.  Stay away from that Sam Adams it might ruin your taste buds.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
Watched a Harrison Ford movie with Lil called Hanover Street.  It boarders on "chick flick" but has some good shots of repro B-25's.  Can't say how well they did with the interiors cause I never been inside one.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 01:45:39 PM »
Leo,   Most of the B 25s used in that movie were owned by folks in England and France.  There are a lot of American WW2 planes owned by folks in England , Canada, and Europe.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »
Well that's just a sin.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »
Leo,  If ya wanna see a beautiful LADY, Look up Miss Mitchell. She is part of the CAF and is assigned to the Minnesota Wing.  The original "Miss Mitchell" was in the same Bomb Group of the 12th AF that my Dad was assigned. He was in a different Squadron. His outfit was what was the Doolittle Raider outfit after it was reorganized and sent to North Africa.  There are only about 35 B 25s in existence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com