Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 04:26:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Aircraft 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 194430 times)
Steel Horse Bailey
Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot

« Reply #1525 on: June 13, 2011, 01:12:05 pm »

Damn!

She was headed here to Indy.   Cry

The old Sweetie (and the skill of the pilot/crew) STILL managed to get her boys (and maybe girls) to ground safely.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"        

SEE MY PHOTOS: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/m1a1mstrgn/
NCOWS #1919 for Life, SASS Life #27463, NRA Life, Honourable Master of the Black Arts, GAF#98, SBSS, WARTHOG, STORM, American Legion Post # 495
*and a few other organizations*
F.&A.M. - Wayne Guthrie Lodge #753 *** Hiram's Rangers #105
(former) US Army M1 & M1A1 Tank Master Gunner
AKA - Jeff Bailey  A Three-Percenter & Sheepdog

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I aint comin' back. Burn the land; boil the sea: you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I must be; since I found Serenity:  you can't take the sky from me.
by Joss Whedon 2002 - Firefly
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #1526 on: June 13, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »

I hope that Don and his group can aquire another B-17 somewhere and carry on the "Liberty Belle" legacy.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #1527 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:30 pm »

I hope that Don and his group can aquire another B-17 somewhere and carry on the "Liberty Belle" legacy.
+

I hope they can continue also.    Glad they at least have a chance to do so.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1528 on: June 13, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »

I know that the Liberty Group is not finished and Don Brooks will do everything he can to aquire another B-17.  Congrats to the pilot on getting the plane down and everyone walking away.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1529 on: June 13, 2011, 09:08:41 pm »

In the end that is what counts.  I am glad the men are safe.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Judge Roy Bean
Judge Roy Bean (U.K)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1530 on: June 14, 2011, 04:56:33 am »

We even got it reported over here in the U.K.   Sad end.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003134/Vintage-B-17-Flying-Fortress-crashes-seven-people-aboard.html

Texas & Miss Lilly.
  shoot"em"first hang "em" later.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #1531 on: June 14, 2011, 05:42:51 am »

Some of those pics are better than what we've seen over here, Judge. From the first one, it appears that the initial problem was the left inboard engine. I noticed that the prop is feathered on that one, while the other three aren't Roll Eyes Cry

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1532 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:53 am »

Hopefully they can salvage the engines and some of the cockpit area. A replacement B-17 will be expensive if one is found to purchase.

Steel Horse Bailey
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1533 on: June 16, 2011, 09:58:33 am »

I can only imagine.   Doesn't it cost over a thou per hour just for fuel to fly one?

Or maybe more.  I wouldn't be surprised.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"        

NCOWS #1919 for Life, SASS Life #27463, NRA Life, Honourable Master of the Black Arts, GAF#98, SBSS, WARTHOG, STORM, American Legion Post # 495

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I aint comin' back. Burn the land; boil the sea: you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I must be; since I found Serenity:  you can't take the sky from me.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1534 on: June 16, 2011, 10:14:08 am »

I'm still marveling over the fact that everyone got out uninjured. 

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1535 on: June 16, 2011, 10:35:01 am »

The pilot made a perfect landing in the field. The problem was that the field was wet and the fire equipment could not get out there to put the fire out.  The airplane could have been saved if the fire equipment could have got to the plane. They had to sit on the road and watch the plane burn.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1536 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:05 am »

Kinda bugs me that the pilot didn't the same coverage as the miracle on the Hudson guy.  The story wasn't even on the news here and the best information I got came from England.  Just my opinion.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1537 on: June 16, 2011, 11:55:47 am »

He made a perfect gear down landing in that corn field.  The fire folks .just couldn't get out to the plane because of the wet field. I got a e-mail that "FIFI" is spending a few days over at our hangar in Fort Worth.  We should have a squadron meeting on Sat. at Addison. I'll get to see how the repairs on #1 engine on Ol'927 are going.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1538 on: June 16, 2011, 02:29:50 pm »

He made a perfect gear down landing in that corn field.  The fire folks .just couldn't get out to the plane because of the wet field. I got a e-mail that "FIFI" is spending a few days over at our hangar in Fort Worth.  We should have a squadron meeting on Sat. at Addison. I'll get to see how the repairs on #1 engine on Ol'927 are going.

I'm sure Diamond Lil will be just fine as long as someone calls by her proper name.  I did see the landing gear on the Belle set just right, the pilot was more than good. 

Roland Deschain

Steel Horse Bailey
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1539 on: June 16, 2011, 04:59:48 pm »

Did the engine fire bottles work?  Or was it simply more than they could handle?

Or were they even filled?

Such a waste of a beautiful aircraft.  Too bad about the firefighters inability to get close enough to help!!

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1540 on: June 16, 2011, 07:13:48 pm »

I think that the fire bottles put out the fire in the engine, some of the flames spread to a wing which caught the wing tank on fire. The plane could have been saved if the fire engines could have gotten to the plane.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1541 on: June 17, 2011, 03:25:26 pm »

Leo, It has been confirmed that we will have a meeting over at Addison tomorrow.  I'll check on the engine repairs on the airplane formally known as "Diamond Lil".

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1542 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:18 pm »

Thanks, I called my wife Old 927 an it didn't go over too well.  I will look forward to the status of the plane.

Roland Deschain

Steel Horse Bailey
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1543 on: June 17, 2011, 04:33:14 pm »

Thanks, I called my wife Old 927 an it didn't go over too well.  I will look forward to the status of the plane.

I unnerstan' why she might not like being called OLD anything ... women are like that!

Grin

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1544 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:13 pm »

I heard that, Brother Jeff!

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #1545 on: June 17, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »

AMEN! Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1546 on: June 17, 2011, 07:31:20 pm »

The point is just that I call her Lil.  I'd still call her that even if she had major surgery and couldn't shoot no more.  I called her Old 927 just to see what would happen.  I is not smart. 

Roland Deschain

Steel Horse Bailey
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1547 on: June 17, 2011, 10:25:01 pm »

The point is just that I call her Lil.  I'd still call her that even if she had major surgery and couldn't shoot no more.  I called her Old 927 just to see what would happen.  I is not smart. 

Did she even KNOW that Old 927 is named Diamond Lil?

Flowers may help!

Wink

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #1548 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26:54 am »

Did she even KNOW that Old 927 is named Diamond Lil?

Flowers may help!

Wink

She knows.  Heck she lives with me.  That is why I give Pop a hard time when he calls her by that heathen name.

Roland Deschain

Steel Horse Bailey
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1549 on: June 18, 2011, 02:06:57 am »

She knows.  Heck she lives with me.  That is why I give Pop a hard time when he calls her by that heathen name.

Dear?

Wink

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 102 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Aircraft « previous next »
Jump to: