Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1785517 times)

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #10860 on: February 26, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »
 ;D

8)
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10861 on: February 26, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »
After gettin' The Steam Traction Engine extracted from the brigde Leo didn't make strong enough, Delmonico heads on down the road.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10862 on: February 26, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
It were strong enough for me ta get through. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #10863 on: Today at 02:12:29 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10863 on: February 27, 2011, 08:40:22 PM »
Think of the scene in Good the Bad and the Ugly.  BOOM!!!

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 103
« Reply #10864 on: September 23, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »
Meanwhile, down by the big cottonwood, Slim gets the bonfire going for Trinity.  :o
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #10865 on: December 25, 2011, 12:57:11 AM »
Seeming that all are asleep at the Ranch With No Name, Sod Buster enters the ranch house and tiptoes up the stairs to the cupola & lights a candle for the FFG and all the other pards he has lost this past year.    He then rides quietly back to his Soddy.

Sod Buster turns in for the night and says a prayer that God will watch over all of his pards here in the Great Plains of Nebrassky.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline MizMontana

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10866 on: December 25, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »
Any one hear from Little Rooster?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10867 on: March 20, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
A spring equinox without a naked Trin Man just don't seem right.  I builted the fire an everthin.

Roland Deschain

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10868 on: March 20, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »
Slim arrives with a sack of marshmallows.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10869 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »
I got the hot dogs an' the coat hangers we could be set for a spell 8) least we ain't starvin'
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10870 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:44 PM »
Looks like a Girl Scout stumbled onta the RWNN.

Roland Deschain

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10871 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
Looks like a Girl Scout stumbled onta the RWNN.
How'd j'know :o :D
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #10872 on: March 31, 2012, 08:52:45 AM »
Lucky Irish Tom rides in with a wagonload of supplies and notices the remains of a big bonfire, but no one is around.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #10873 on: June 25, 2012, 01:14:53 AM »
Letty Et Al.

I have to laugh every time someone mentions hotdogs ...

We were supposed to have a normal,HC-130 'Duckbuttt" out of Pease AFB, NH ...Fly halfway to Thule Greenland and bore holes in the sky for 11 or so hours and then RTB  (Return to Base). We took off with four engines that 'Ops Checked Normal' on the ground ... but by the time we were returning, our two out board engines were now at 'flight idle' and one of the inboard engines was 'iffy'... so rather than landing at back at Pease AFB, we ducked into Goose Bay, Labrador. BTW, A C-130 can maintain flight but not altitude on the two inboard engines .....

Since we had all planned to be in our own beds that night, none of us had brought money. And to make matters worse, the AC (Aircraft Commander) had reneged on the unspoken custom of kiting a check to cover his enlisted ...

So the senior NCO (he had been a Col. in WW II and took a Msgt/Flight mechanic's rating to stay in the cockpit), took everyone's money (it was like $14 and change) and promised to make sure we were fed .... (mind, this was in the days prior to ATMs and Credit Cards ...

He came back several hours later with two dozen hot dogs, and two dozen buns. He had 'five finger discounted' packs of relish, mustard and ketchup from the base bowling alley ....

But the piece de resistance was when he pulled out an extension cord and a couple of ten-penny or bigger nails. He cut the female end off the extension cord, stripped the wires and wrapped them around the nails. He then proceeded to punch one of the nails into each end of the hot dog ...

Then he plugged the extension cord into a wall outlet .... and as the hot dog sputtered and the lights flickered, he made sure none of us were hungry. One by one we were fed  .... and if someone told me this story, I would have said something like "Oh, what pitiful stuff' .... but I was there and saw it all.... and the hotdogs had this taste of zinc, but we all went to bed full ... *S*

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10874 on: June 29, 2015, 09:47:42 PM »
Slim climbs the stairs to the cupola and open a windows to let in some of the cool night air. He sits down and thinks of all the friends who are no longer with us. Wind blows in the window and gets dust in his eyes.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10875 on: June 30, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
Delmonico comes up and some of the dust hits him in the eyes also. :'(
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #10876 on: February 22, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »
An older Scattered Thumbs drives to the No Name Ranch. The place is empty and looks abandoned. A sudden wind brings dust to is eyes. FFG is that you? He asks hopefully. But only the wind answers him back. He starts back the engine of is new fangled motor car, looks back at the decaying buidings and drives away feeling miserable.

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #10877 on: October 27, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »
An older Scattered Thumbs drives to the No Name Ranch. The place is empty and looks abandoned. A sudden wind brings dust to is eyes. FFG is that you? He asks hopefully. But only the wind answers him back. He starts back the engine of is new fangled motor car, looks back at the decaying buidings and drives away feeling miserable.

He didnt see the grey haired Aussie squatted on the sand ridge overlooking the old ranch - battered cowboy hat, winchester across his knees, eyes squinted up from sixty years of searching for cattle in red sand dunes and mulga, a little black and white mare rubbing her nose on his back sayin 'come on old feller lets move' -- he looks up and sees the grey hawk turning slow circles on a thermal above - always the hawk when she needed to talk - from ten thousand miles away these messages on the wind - now shes gone but still the birds come to him ....aahhhh . he turns to the little mare, sheaths the rifle, toe in the stirrup .................... Scattered Thumbs looks back from the first cattle grid - hmmmph - eyes are playin tricks with me today - coulda swore I saw a rider up there on that dune top ........
 a hundred miles southeast of Birdsville he recovers his consciousness - takes a few wobbly steps till the head clears - no bones broken - finds his hat - sh%t the motor bike is wrecked - radio busted - hes lucky this time - somebody musta been lookin after him - only two mile to the windmill and trough in South Dunfords paddock then 15 mile to the homestead on a decent track - should be in about midnight unless they pick him up first - this coulda been a pine box job pretty easy!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com