Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2016, 08:14:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  RATS (Moderator: Mustang Gregg)  |  Topic: 1911 l w commander in 9mm for cc 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1911 l w commander in 9mm for cc  (Read 333 times)
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« on: November 28, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »

Howdy
Been thinking about adding this to my Christmas list . Who has one and how do you like it ? And would you post pictures . I have been looking at this on youtube and it looks good . Mostly positive post and with it being a Ruger ,thought it would be a good shooter .
Hedley Lamarr
Top Active Citizen

~Aggravator Emeritus~

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:32:07 pm »

If my memory is correct, in the inexpensive side of 9mm lw commanders, you have Colt, Ruger & Springfield.
Between several of my friends I've had experiences with all of them.
I also have a gov. .45 from Ruger, and the Ruger is the one I'd recommend, mainly for the warranty.
The only real difference is sights and grip panels between the three.

That said, the Dan Wesson 9mm Valkyrie Commander is much nicer than those three, albeit at $1750 ish.

Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"
RUCAS #20
Colter's Hell Justice Committee
GAF Brevet Major, Deputy Chief of Scouts (Special Operations F-Troop)
SBSS #559 Life, OGB*, Commander, J.A.G. Detail
HedleyLamarr@earthlink.net
Doing my part to Keep the Cowboy Way Alive. Are YOU?
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 07:39:52 pm »

Howdy
Got a chance to lay my hands on the ruger . It was nice and light , and had a GREAT trigger pull . Don't know how it shoots ?  I liked the rubber grips they had a good feel about them .
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 09:48:26 pm »

I reckon the Ruger frame is a good platform receiver to start with.  I can't say for sure.  My "custom" 1911A1's have been Colts, Springfields, and Para Ords so far.

Please let us know how the project proceeds.

Mustang

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 05:10:42 pm »

Mustang Greg
If I get one will will post pictures and a review of how it shoots . The one I looked at had a SWEET trigger on it .
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 05:55:20 pm »

There is only ONE calibre for a 1911 - .45 ACP! It allows you to shoot "Wild Bunch" in CAS to boot.

Between me and "Miz Josie", there are five 1911s in this household at this time - one "Gold Cup", two SR1911s and two blued R1s.

On the 9mm side, my wife has two CZ SP01 "Shadows" in 9mm, her preferred gun and calibre for IDPA.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:02:29 pm »

Howdy
Stopped at a local gun shop and they had one . It had a Excellent trigger too . I hope Santa brings me one .  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  RATS (Moderator: Mustang Gregg)  |  Topic: 1911 l w commander in 9mm for cc « previous next »
Jump to: