Author Topic: What da ya think of this one?  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What da ya think of this one?
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »
This has been in the news.

Teen girl don't like another girl at her school.  First girl's mom decideds ta act like a juvinile herself and creates a bogus My Space account pertendin ta be a teen boy.  Mom torments other girl fer months til other girl hangs herself in her closet.  Cops figgure it out an charge mom with three misdemeanors an a felony.  Total prize fer a full conviction is 20 years in the pen.
     Jury goes out an hits mom with the 3 misdemeanors and is hung on the felony.  Max sentenace fer this result is 3 years an 300,000 dollars.  That's the max so it'll prolly be a much lighter sentance.  I was wonderin what other folks thought about how dearly mom should pay fer her assanign actions.
     I been tossin it around a bit.  On hand, I think mom should get the hammer just fer bein so stupid and a discredit ta the adult human race.  On the other hand, I can see the truth in the fact that the deceased girl chose to let herself get wrapped up in an internet fantasy land and chose to end her life over a comments made on My Space.  She had a history of depression, so where were her folks ta monitor her while she was allowing this ficticious relationship ta become an obsession. 
     It's just another story in the news, but this one got me thinkin.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: What da ya think of this one?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
The parents are too wrapped up in their own little worlds to worry about their kids.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »
we were just sittin here talkin about that, it was just on the news,  I think the woman should have been hit a little harder, with at least a felony, all ya need is people like that interactin with kids.  she said she started doing it to see if the dead girl was spreadin rumors about her daughter,
it's true the dead  girls parents shold have seem or noticed something before it went that far, but as Tex said, a lot parents today don't participate in their kids upbringin, let the school do it, anybody but them.
it'll probably be more of a problem as we go,
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:54:46 PM »

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »
Most wimmen act like they are 14 til they turn 35, then they git really hormonal  :o
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »
Lil's perfect at 44.  I've heard stories of her younger days an am glad I didn't catch up with her until 6 years ago.

OT has a good point about parents bein in their own little worlds.  Lot a folks these days look at havin kids as a lease with option ta buy.  When things go sour they stick their heads in the sand an ask fer Calgon ta take em away.  I'm lucky to have been raised by a Marine an a strong dedicated woman.  They were one heck of a team when it came ta lookin over us kids.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 03:40:20 AM »
These parents are all about impressing their friends and co-workers. They live their lives through their children. Too much pressure is put on these kids to perform for their parents.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 06:01:50 AM »
Most wimmen act like they are 14 til they turn 35, then they git really hormonal  :o

amen
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 08:20:04 AM »
Leave it to Bro. Sleep to put everything into prospective.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com