Author Topic: Mod. 94AE  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Chubbo

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mod. 94AE
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
 ???
Hi, All:
Went to a gowboy Shoot today to see how it's done, and what I would have to get in the way of equipment, to get started. I took along a Winchester 94AE in .45Colt. to try out. It is an old gun, but unfired in the box, when I bought it. I took along some light loads to try this rifle. The rifle is still very stiff, beeing unfired, and I only fired about ten rounds through it. Almost every shot fired allright, but most of the spent cases would not eject. All of the cases were new unfired brass. What I would like to determine is why the fired casings would not eject. The cases were very dry with no lube on them. Should the chamber be lubed? Should the chamber be polished?Any thoughts on this? I intend to slick up the action down the line, but what about the chamber?
Chubbo

Offline WyrTwister

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mod. 94AE
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
???
Hi, All:
Went to a gowboy Shoot today to see how it's done, and what I would have to get in the way of equipment, to get started. I took along a Winchester 94AE in .45Colt. to try out. It is an old gun, but unfired in the box, when I bought it. I took along some light loads to try this rifle. The rifle is still very stiff, beeing unfired, and I only fired about ten rounds through it. Almost every shot fired allright, but most of the spent cases would not eject. All of the cases were new unfired brass. What I would like to determine is why the fired casings would not eject. The cases were very dry with no lube on them. Should the chamber be lubed? Should the chamber be polished?Any thoughts on this? I intend to slick up the action down the line, but what about the chamber?
Chubbo

First , clean the hole rifle and lube well .  Especially clean the chamber , very well .  Make sure the extractor can move freely and nothing is stuck / wedged behind the extractor hook , letting it slip off the brass rim , or preventing the hook from snapping down over the rim .

Hand chamber some of the empty brass and close the lever / bolt .  Will it cycle & eject now ?

Now , carefully , see if it will cycle loaded ammo .  Be sure the rifle is pointed in a safe direction .

I have a Winny M94 A. E. in .44 mag , never fired sense it left the factory . 

I just cleaned & lubed it .  Seems the factory does not clean them after they test fire them ?

But , I have cycled some loaded rounds through it .  Ejects fine .

God bless
Wyr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com