Author Topic: The Life and Death of the Almost Legendary Outlaw, M.T. Chamber  (Read 11987 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Life and Death of the Almost Legendary Outlaw, M.T. Chamber
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 12:28:41 AM »
Tall Tales and Lively Imaginations.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »
I think that MT will fit in here just fine.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
Seems to me that I heard, over in the greetings section, that Cousin MT was having a birthday today!
Happy Birthday Cuz!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

Offline M.T. Chamber

• Citizen
  • The old mare's slow but you can ride her all day!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
I believe you're correct Russ T., I believe your cousin M.T. is havin' a birthday.  I mistakenly thought Silent Joe was wishin' me a happy
birthday and mine ain't comin' up again til April.  I do have an anniversary comin' up soon though.  As I told Silent Joe, as long as I've been married and as old as I am, I'm not sure which is worse, birthdays or anniversaries! ;D  I'm wishin' M.T. a happy birthday too!

By the way, did you say there was an openin' for town drunk?

Offline M.T. Chamber

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 11:22:03 AM »
I knew there wasn't but one branch to my family tree! ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:10 AM »
MT, You've got a great friend in Roger. Friends like him are hard to come by. He is a true PARD! Think about us poor folks that actually have winter.

Offline M.T. Chamber

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
Roger's the best friend I got! :D

I grew up in Kansas, the wind chill factor was 50 below the day I decided to move to Florida. 8)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 01:12:34 PM »
I used ta work in Kansas alot when I lived in MO.  In the winter, the clear days were the coldest when that wind kicked up.  You couldn't put on enough layers ta keep the bite away.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 02:06:09 PM »
The winters is one of the reasons I don't live in the Texas Panhandle anymore. It snows up there and really gets cold. We don't have much winter weather in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, which suits me just fine. I worked construction in Oklahoma and Kansas in the winter when I got out of college and before the Army. Working outside in the cold and snow got old real fast.

Offline M.T. Chamber

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 03:50:40 PM »
I lived in Dallas a short while.  What I remember are the ice storms.  Made the trees right pretty and the roads right slick. :-\

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »
Went through one of them ice storms in KC.  The next morning is beautiful.  Trees look like glass figurines, but man it causes some havoc.  Power lines down, transformers blown, tree limbs in the road.  That one built 6 inches so it was a doozie.  Don't know how many times I slipped and fell on my butt everytime I had ta go outside.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline M.T. Chamber

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »
You gotta stop drinkin' before you go out in an ice storm, Leo. ;D

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 05:19:48 PM »
Don't need ta be drinkin ta fall in that stuff.  We coulda rented our front yard out as a skating rink. 
     Prolly would a done better if I had been drunk ::)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 06:21:29 AM »
We had an ice storm one time, I was walking down the sidewalk. I hit a slick spot and fell down. I landed on the grass in the front yard.  I just laid there to make sure I didn't have any broken bones. My wife ran outside and almost fell herself. She's hollerin' and I'm just lyin' there. She thought I was knocked out. She didn't appreciate my explanation.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »
We had a bad one here once.  The front yard sorta slopes slightly down toward the driveway.  Got down the steps real carefully, and on the grass to pick up the morning paper. Slipped on the icy grass and slid all the way to the driveway.  I hope I never see another ice storm like that one
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 08:19:30 AM »
http://hamptonroads.com/pilotonline

Don’t matter what the weather is. Same poor reportin’ ‘n ya ain’t gottah pay for it or get yer hands dirty with the print edition. Ya kin still read ‘bout the loon what got herownself strangled ta death by her pet python. The snake was like a member of the family.

Plus, ya get all of the well informed ‘n thoughtful user comments ya don’t get in the printed rag. It’s always good for a laugh with yer mornin’ coffee.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 10:15:07 AM »
I was goin' to get some lunch yesterday afternoon, pulled up to the intersection and noticed the car to my right. The driver has some sort of snake wrapped around his left hand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com