Author Topic: The Triple P Loader  (Read 19183 times)

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Triple P Loader
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:43:16 AM »
Hi Everyone!

My attention was directed to this message board by a member at The High Road.  Don't know if any of you have seen it yet, I'm the inventor for "The Pistol Packin' Pardner.  It's a black powder revolver cylinder loading tool. I'm trying to decide if it's worth my time and money to start regular  production, so I'm trying to get a feel for how many people would be interested. If you do a search on ebay for my product in completed auctions, you should be able to view my product. If anyone is interested please contact me via email at

TripleP@sixgunforfun.com

Thanks

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: The Triple P Loader
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
What is suggested retail?
Mathew 5.9

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »
$79.99 if you buy through ebay, $69.99 If purchased direct.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:06:01 AM »

Offline Rusty Spurless

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »
At that price point I am sure there will be some interest.

You would be catering to the ROA & Remmie shooters though... Fear not, theirs a mess of them goobers out there  ;)  ;D

For me & mine what shoot Colts there is little need.
Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
VERY nicely done!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 10:52:48 AM »
Thank You Sir!  I developed the tool for use with the Old Army at first, then soon realized it could be adapted for just about all of them.  I haven't put a hand on a '73 Cattleman, Spiller & Burr or JH Dance yet, but I have space available on the reverse side of the turret for future adaptations.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
Looks way better than the other similar model.  Your link system looks great.  That sliding collar deal on the other one leaves a LOT to be desired.

Offline Mako

• Shooter of the "holy Black", Frontier Gunfighter #1, STORM, Henry 1860
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cowboying since the Mid-20th Century
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 11:21:43 PM »

You would be catering to the ROA & Remmie shooters though... Fear not, theirs a mess of them goobers out there  ;)  ;D

Rusty,
Actually I load all of my Colts on a bench loader.  I break mine down between every stage, clean the tubes, check for debris especially around the hammer slot and wipe them down.  Before I got my first bench loader I used to charge powder, add a  lubed wad and then reassemble the pistol to seat balls then I'd pull the barrel again to clean the lead rings and had to reassemble it a second time.  Too much work!  I can load my revolvers as fast as someone  loading them using the barrel mounted rammer, check them, clean them and keep my pistols running trouble free an entire match.  Almost every other stage I find cap fragments somewhere when I pull the barrel and cylinder.

If you look at any pair of my revolvers they almost look new (but the newest pair is three years old) because I don't put a lot of wear and tear on them using the barrel mounted system.  If you pay attention you will notice the stress you actually put on the pistol while ramming a ball home.  I shoot trouble free matches gunfighter style, I can't afford to have a sticky action or dirty pistol with both hands full. 

I do all of this while manning the safety officer position at the unloading table.  No one has or ever will ever accuse me of not pulling my weight on a posse.  I start out as a spotter, take my turn shooting about half of the way through then finish out the stage as a safety officer at the unloading table.  The loader helps me be able to do this because you can see exactly what you are doing and stop at any point to do your duty as  the unloading table officer.  I notice a lot of Cap-N-Ball shooters go off on their own to recharge because they don't want to be distracted, this isn't a problem with the cylinder off, you can stop, re-inspect and start back up at any point.  I have it all kitted up and stick to a a choreographed routine.

I like the looks of this loader, he is using the linkage concept commonly seen in toggle clamps.  It's compact, has compund leverage and controls the motion of the rammer keeping it very linear and better than most other designs.

Kudos,
Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
NRA, TSRA, MCA, MCAA, ANA, MOAA, ASME, SAME, BMES, STS

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 12:46:49 AM »
Looks real well made.  Good job.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 01:00:37 AM »
My advice would be to make a video & post it showing the thing in use as some of us have been "burned" in the past. Also, you have to push the handle up in order to lower the ram or maybe the dimensions are out of focus w/o a cylinder there for perspective?

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 01:59:14 AM »
When the handle is lowered, the ram is in the fully extended position. Raising the handle raises the ram to the fully retracted position.  There is a video at www.sixgunforfun.com that show me loading the Ruger Old Army.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 03:01:55 AM »
Thanks, as I see now. So the loading ram never cants, always going straight down. Great!!  ;)  You've eliminated the flaw in the Powder Inc. loader by adding another linkage that cams.  ;)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 05:55:26 AM »
and a wad cutter too...great job
Mathew 5.9

Offline Mako

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 04:57:58 PM »
My advice would be to make a video & post it showing the thing in use as some of us have been "burned" in the past. Also, you have to push the handle up in order to lower the ram or maybe the dimensions are out of focus w/o a cylinder there for perspective?
FCK,
He has videos, go look at his site.  They are hosted on Youtube.
http://sixgunforfun.com/
~Mako

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
Thanks, Mako.

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 10:47:35 PM »

+1  The loading stand on the side of my guncart holds the pistol & the rammer on the pistol does the work.  No need to constantly disassemble and reasssemble the pistol - wears the wedge out.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Mako

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
+1  The loading stand on the side of my guncart holds the pistol & the rammer on the pistol does the work.  No need to constantly disassemble and reasssemble the pistol - wears the wedge out.

FM
Fingers,
I have to politely disagree…I’m willing to bet that my four pairs of percussion revolvers I use or have used in competition are as tight or tighter than your pair(s).  I will also qualify that by saying I use minimal wedge insertion (just enough to engage the hook on the retaining spring), so I don’t have them “pounded” in.  I grabbed a pair of ‘60s I used this last Saturday from the shop and took some photos to show you what a pair of well fitted and taken care of pistols should look like after three years of one or two matches a month .  The wedges get pushed out and back in a minimum of six to eight times per match and then again when they are stripped for cleaning.

I have a wooden base block I use to set the barrel against when pushing the wedge in that stops it from over-engaging the slot.  You can do the same thing by resting the Starboard side of the barrel where the slot opening is against the edge of your bench or wooden block, this stops the wedge as it pokes through the slot.

I pulled the wedge from a brand new unfired 1861 and compared it to the well used wedges and you would be hard pressed to see any appreciable wear other than some light burnishing.  Look at the photos and tell me which one is the old wedge, the one on the left or right in the two photos.

Regards,
Mako

Offline Mako

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:06 PM »
Fingers,
This is my loader, I can load Colts or Remingtons, .36 or .44 calibers.  If you look at my two '60s above you will note the rammers look pristine (they are) and the frame doesn't get torqued by using the barrel mounted rammer.  The pictures of the two pistols don't do them justice, there is moose milk on them and the grips aren't wiped off.  The pistols look better than most new ones out of the box.

I can pull my barrels, clean the action and tubes, charge and seat balls with my loader very quickly. And at stage eight mine run as well as they did at stage two (they are never as clean during the match as they were before I send the first ball down range).  Can you say the same for yours, or are they a bit stiffer and harder to cock after a few stages?

Regards,
Mako

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 02:07:19 PM »
Mako,  I'm glad using the off pistol loading stand works for you.  I view it as extra work and gear to haul around.  Loading on the side of my cart with the pistol assembled works for me. 

I just finished a 10 satge match over two days with the only maintenance being wiping the outside of the gun down after 5 stages before I put it in the gun rug.  Cylinders spin just as free after 10 stages as they did before 1.  Two weeks ago I shot a 12 satge match with the same results - and two weeks before that 15 stages over 3 days - admittedly, I did check the arbor lube after 10 stages though and added some to be on the safe side.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Mako

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Fingers
Excellent results!  Who is the powder manufacturer and what grain size are you using? I want to try some.  While I'm at it would you share your lubrication secrets with me?

Regards,
Mako

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com