Author Topic: A great Spyware/Adware Removal program...NOT!  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Big George McCoy

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A great Spyware/Adware Removal program...NOT!
« on: January 25, 2005, 06:37:26 AM »
Howdy,

Just want to let all you fine folks out there know that there is a program available to remove unwanted spyware and adware from your 'putor

If you run this program you'll never have unwanted programs or cookies installed on your system cuz you won't be able to visit any sites that loads these programs cuz you can't access the internet, cuz you can't access your modem cuz you can't start Windows!

I installed the program "Antispyware" from...I'm not going to mention their name but it sounds like, McAfee.

I ran it and it found numerous spyware that my other removal programs missed. I thought, "This is a great program!"

I rebooted my system and I couldn't get Windows to load.

I tried several times but to no avail.

I tried to load Windows in Safe Mode. No luck there either.

I thought, "This is a P.O.S. program!"

I had to reinstall Windows.

I thought that this was an anomaly so when I reloaded Windows I ran the antispyware program again.

After I reloaded Windows a second time, I realized it wasn't an anomaly and that I didn't do anything wrong so it must be the antispyware program.

I thought, "This is a $#%# P.O.S. program!"

I have other programs from this company, that sounds like, McAfee, and never had a lick of problems with them so when this program smorked Windows I was really surprised.

If you get this program, be careful.

Rafe (Who now uses XoftSpy removal) McCaine

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
Re: A great Spyware/Adware Removal program...NOT!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:32:40 AM »
The best program I have found is Ad-Aware SE from www.lavasoft.com.

Got to the sight, dig around a little and find the free for personal use download.  Works great.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 03:01:16 PM »
The best program I have found is Ad-Aware SE from www.lavasoft.com.

Got to the sight, dig around a little and find the free for personal use download.  Works great.

Ad-Aware along with Spy Bot can't be beat.  Spy Bot allows you to block known spyware from being downloaded (immunize) and every now and then it catches something that Ad-Aware misses.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:23:15 AM »

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 03:26:52 PM »
I have three spyware killers in my system.  1.  SpyBot.  2.  Ad-Adware SE.  3.  Webroot Spy Sweeper.  I run all of them every day.  This takes some time, but it cleans out all the spyware that I collect while surfing. Sorry I don't know their websites.  Two of them were given to me the last time my pooter was in the shop.  I know it seems like a little "over kill" having three of them, but sometimes one might miss something and the others will find it.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 04:41:34 PM »
I'm using the Ad-aware SE , myself..............Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com