Author Topic: Got New SA's and Won Bid on Lightning!  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Got New SA's and Won Bid on Lightning!
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »
I've gone off the deep end with this USFA stuff.  I received my new Longhunter SA's in 44WCF yesterday, and they are as slick and gorgeous as everyone told me they would be.  Plus they showed up with CCH hammers at no extra charge.  I can't wait to get them to the range today or tomorrow.

On top of that, I won a bid for a USFA Lightning on Gunbroker yesterday.  It's a NIB carbine from the Custom Shop with Deluxe wood, checkering and a rifle butt plate (which they don't even list as a option on the website).  The price was too good to pass up, way below list price.  I've never taken part in an auction before - guess the stars were aligned on me yesterday.  I hope to have the rifle by late next week, just in time for our monthly shoot.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Got New SA's and Won Bid on Lightning!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »
Excellent! Ya just never know what the day will bring in! :)

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »
As a shooting buddy told me - "Ya shoulda bought a lottery ticket yesterday!" 
Learned Brother at Armes

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:46:07 PM »

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:20 AM »
I had a chance to briefly take the SA's to the range and they are impressive.  They "shoot where they look" and while I didn't get a chance to do formal load developement and group size measurements, they are obviously quite accurate.  Both are regulated to the same point of impact.

I'll receive the Lightning tomorrow, which will give me a day to get to the range and sight it in before the weekend match.  I keep hearing from "other folks" the sensitivity of Lightnings to overall cartridge length, reliability of feed, etc.  However, I figure that much of that is "experience" and rumor from other manufacturers of lesser quality.  I believe that if any Lightning rifle works reliably, it will be a USFA.  At least that's my hope, after spending all this money on it!  I'll find out in a couple of days.

Do any of you have any experience with USFA Lightnings?
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com