Author Topic: Horse Opery Trivia #11  (Read 4099 times)

The Arapaho Kid

Horse Opery Trivia #11
« on: January 21, 2005, 09:18:59 PM »
Who is this famous Radio Actor? If you get this wrong.....back to school for you!

The Arapaho Kid

Re: Horse Opery Trivia #11
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 12:52:54 PM »
Have I stumped everyone with this?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:38:11 PM »
Been waitin’ for someone else.  Brace Beamer    This is probably the original Lone Ranger, from the radio days.  Actually had his own horse named Silver.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:52:55 PM »

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 03:14:05 PM »
Been waitin’ for someone else.  Brace Beamer    This is probably the original Lone Ranger, from the radio days.  Actually had his own horse named Silver.

Brace Beamer is who it is!  He was the original Radio Lone Ranger and this is a picture of him reading a script.  But the question is.....did he really have to get dressed up in his Lone Ranger Suit for script reading, or is this a promotional photo?  I went looking all over the net for his biography and came up with zip!  Where I found this is on an old time radio show site.  There is three old time shows you can download and listen to.  A Lone Ranger show, A Green Hornet Show and a Sergeant Preston of the Yukon show.  There are others, but you have to pay money and join.  If you want that address....holler!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 04:20:19 PM »
Never heard him on the radio.  To me it's still Claton Moore as the Lone Ranger.  Still doesn't sound right to hear him as a bad guy in some of the old Republic Westerns.  Definiantly a destinctive voice.  (my wife will hear him as a bad guy on an old Western from another room and say "Is that the Lone Ranger?") and she's not a Westrenaholic. ::) :o ;D  Only knew of Beamer because of his real horse Silver. :o
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 12:24:49 PM »

Brace Beamer is who it is!  He was the original Radio Lone Ranger and this is a picture of him reading a script.  But the question is.....did he really have to get dressed up in his Lone Ranger Suit for script reading, or is this a promotional photo?
I think a lot of radio shows were performed before a live studio audience.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 12:56:09 PM »

Brace Beamer is who it is!  He was the original Radio Lone Ranger and this is a picture of him reading a script.  But the question is.....did he really have to get dressed up in his Lone Ranger Suit for script reading, or is this a promotional photo?
I think a lot of radio shows were performed before a live studio audience.

Slim

Slim...yer right on that.  A lot of the old rime radio shows were done before a live audience.  Behind the actors was a long table and usually two guys and all sorts of do-dads for sound effects.  In most cases the audience could see these guys doing the sounds.  It was always quite humorous when one of the sound guys grabbed the wrong thing and made a sound that didn't fit in.

Here's a link to old time radio sound effects:        http://www.old-time.com/sfx.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com