Author Topic: Harley Museum  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Harley Museum
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:20 AM »
Here is a slide show of Harley-Davidson's new Motorcycle Museum in Milwaukee:

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/HD%20Museum/?action=view&current=8f599865.pbw

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Harley Museum
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
Some really nice pictures, Johnny.  Always wanted on of them WWII courier bikes with the Thompson hung on it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »
That's a 45 cubic inch WLA Tex.  Unconfirmed rumor is that it stood for We Love America.  The model that was send to the Canadian army was called the WLC. 

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:40:47 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »
I got a pair of goggles and a campaign hat. All I need is a pair of cavarly boots and saddle pants.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »
I live within ten miles of the place, but haven't tried visiting yet. According to the news they had about 200,000 bikers on sight over the LD weekend, what with the 105th Anniversary party going on here. Needless to say, I got outta Dodge for the weekend. I've been there and done that, so to speak. Gettin' too old for all that crowded stuff. Bikes are still nice tho! :)

I'd be curious to find out how much beer was consumed over those 5 days the party lasted ::)

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
I live within ten miles of the place, but haven't tried visiting yet. According to the news they had about 200,000 bikers on sight over the LD weekend, what with the 105th Anniversary party going on here. Needless to say, I got outta Dodge for the weekend. I've been there and done that, so to speak. Gettin' too old for all that crowded stuff. Bikes are still nice tho! :)

I'd be curious to find out how much beer was consumed over those 5 days the party lasted ::)

Beer and Brats!!   :o :o  The only two Milwaukee food groups!!!  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
Born and Raised (21 years), in Racine.  Still have family back there and will be back in Dodge (Milwaukee) for Christmas.

PS My BIL works for Harley!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
Been to Milwaukee a bunch of times on extraditions.  I have eaten at Bader's a couple of times!  I went out with MPD's Swat team, "The Killer Bee's".  Great people up there, Don't wanna be up there in the winter.  Too Cold, Too much SNow!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »
Now that was one fine slide show!!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »
I was born and raised within two miles of the Museum and now live around 30 miles southwest of Milwaukee. I think there were almost more bikes in town for the 105th than the 100th. Definitely a lot of beer was consumed! My wife and I rode in the parade of 7500 motorcycles and got to see the Bruce Springsteen concert. The Boss played for 3-3/4 hours straight without a break. Pretty good performance for a 58 year old guy!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »
The big surprise final act at the 100th was Elton John.  Bikers as a general rule have never been big Elton fans and lots a guys were PO'ed.  Everyone was waitin with baied breath ta see who was gonna come out an it was him.  All the other bands were great.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »
I am definitely goin' to the HD Museum in Milwaukee the next time I get up there.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »
  Thanks for sharing
Mathew 5.9

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:26:24 AM »
Beer and Brats!!   :o :o  The only two Milwaukee food groups!!!  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
Born and Raised (21 years), in Racine.  Still have family back there and will be back in Dodge (Milwaukee) for Christmas.

PS My BIL works for Harley!

Small world. My wife and I were very active (Officers) with the Racine HOG Chapter for about 7 years. Kinda fell out of the big group riding now - just a few friends ride together when we go - no more than 10 bikes in the group.

I was born and raised within two miles of the Museum and now live around 30 miles southwest of Milwaukee. I think there were almost more bikes in town for the 105th than the 100th. Definitely a lot of beer was consumed! My wife and I rode in the parade of 7500 motorcycles and got to see the Bruce Springsteen concert. The Boss played for 3-3/4 hours straight without a break. Pretty good performance for a 58 year old guy!

How did the parade go? Long staging times? I can't even imagine sitting at the rear of the line and waiting for 7498 bikes to go before me. I've been in parades with 200 bikes, and that seemed like a long long 4 miles - and I was lucky enough to be in the second row!  :D Many of my friends were out and about during the party, and I've heard some real horror stories about hour waits everywhere they went and mile walks 'cause the parking was impossible. I saw that in the 95th - vowed to never do it again   :o

Gotta love the BOSS!

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 08:46:20 AM »
Howdy Brassmagnet,

Actually the parade was OK. We got there at 7:00 AM and the parade started a little after 9:00. We were in around the first 25% of the parade. I rode in the 85th, 90th and 95th. The 95th was a mess and I swore I'd never ride in another parade but my wife wanted to ride in this one. I'm glad we did.

I did hear a few horror stories about long waits for other events but we didn't have any problems

By the way, if anyone is a Harley Enthusiast and ever in Milwaukee, the Museum is really worthwhile visiting. We went on a Sunday a few weeks before the 105th and it was not crowded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com