Author Topic: Time Machine  (Read 11272 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time Machine
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 09:28:52 AM »
Just stick ta the Pay per View story ‘n we’ll be in good shape, mi amigo.

Damned if I didn’t get wore out. Wish they’d run me back to when I was 25……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 10:28:36 AM »
Just stick ta the Pay per View story ‘n we’ll be in good shape, mi amigo.

don't we all....

So is it true did Custer really wear Arrow Shirts?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »

I'm not sure I could live through all that again!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:01:36 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
Sure love ta try.

If it were me y’all’d never wipe the grin off my face or get the coffin closed.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »
Party Hats for everyone!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »
I took the bargain tour >:( 
They fed us some stuff called soilent green or somethin like that.  Not too bad, but definately weren't the delux treatment you guys got.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
Like Arcey said, That's my story and I'm stickin' to IT!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »
As a person who has studied LBH battle, I come off with a different take than most, I think he could have won and won big time, but a lot of stupid little things went wrong. :)  His run around to the north some think were to capture the wimmin and children leavin' the camp, would have stopped it pretty short.

The gatlin' guns would have saved his butt, by the time he got them drug over that rough country with the worn out horses they used for them, there would have been nuthin' there for him to capture but some horse poop and Indian poop, the Indians said they were gonna break the camp up the next day.  Durn heavy cumbersome things were good for a fixed defense, not rough Montana hills and a Cav charge.

BTW the ones in use were the older models in 58 rimfire and had a very short range and jammed bad.

Myself I would have liked to be taken back to June 26-28 on the South Canadian in the Texas Panhandle and see The Second Battle of Adobe Wall, Billy Dixon, Jim Hannrahan, Bat Masterson and the other guys.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
There was a program on a while back wherein they studied the battlefield with a fine tooth comb. 
     These guys determined it was a matter of tactics.  The soldiers would dismount and stand their ground to fight an the indians fought from horse back.  What they described based on the evidence made sense, but they didn't have no time machine.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »
There was a program on a while back wherein they studied the battlefield with a fine tooth comb. 
     These guys determined it was a matter of tactics.  The soldiers would dismount and stand their ground to fight an the indians fought from horse back.  What they described based on the evidence made sense, but they didn't have no time machine.

Leo

Can't think of his first name, Fox is the last, has wrote a couple books, got a few problems with some of his comments, but I think he's closer than most on what happened.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
Del, You brought up something I know a little about. The site is on private property on a ranch near Spearman, Texas. That's only about an hour and a half from my hometown. I was at the site one time, must have been about 69. There's not much left but a Historical Marker which talks about the battle and Billy Dixon's long shot.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »
Del, You brought up something I know a little about. The site is on private property on a ranch near Spearman, Texas. That's only about an hour and a half from my hometown. I was at the site one time, must have been about 69. There's not much left but a Historical Marker which talks about the battle and Billy Dixon's long shot.

That battle has always fasinated me, since I have a lot of interest in the hide hunters.

What most don't know, Dixon made the real long shot that afternoon, but in the mornin' he made another at around 800 yards.  BTW on the long shot Dixon had three targets on horses, he called the center one before he shot.  Accounts from the Indians said it was a glancin' shot to the side of the head, did not break the skin, poor fella died three days later.  A modern ER could have relived the pressure to the brain most likely and saved him.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 02:53:44 PM »
Del, I will try and get some pictures up there if I ever get back up there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com