Author Topic: Coming Soon--TrinMan's Fantasy Land  (Read 20951 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Coming Soon--TrinMan's Fantasy Land
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
Leo, You're doin' better than I am, I ain't never heard of those two you mentioned.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2008, 02:29:42 PM »
Heck, there was another one that was a stout.  Stuff tasted like hard alcohol and came in HUGE bottles.  I'll have ta call an old pard ta get the name, seemed ta have fergot it ::)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »
My first exposure to Guiness Stout was at the Airsho at Midland one year.  The RAF sent an anti- sub aircraft based in Scotland over to Midland for a static displayed.  Guiness picked up part of the tab for the fuel and expenses. They had the whole bombbay full if cases of guiness stout tall boys. We had a catered BBQ at the O club and the crew came over to sit at the table where I was sitting alone. They sat 4 cases down on the table and stated opening them up and passing them around. Guiness is served at room temp. SO, I helped them drink those 4 cases along with the BBQ. I didn't have drive back to the hotel, I took a shuttle bus.  I sure had a bad case of "COTTON MOUTH" the next morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 05:31:05 PM »

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
Castlemane an 4X aint bad either.  They must be hidin the Tooheys from us, cause I never seen it--must be good stuff.

Leo

Leo

Tooheys Old has been around Downunder since 1869. ::)  Have alook at this site.

www.australianbeers.com/beers/tooheys_old/tooheys_old.htm

Dakota  8)
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 06:18:14 PM »
Leo, You're doin' better than I am, I ain't never heard of those two you mentioned.

I was talking to someone today about beer in Germany.  He had spent some time in northern Germany and was going on and on about beers that he liked.  He was surprised that I had never heard of half of them until I explained that there's a brewery in just about every town and it's crazy to try to keep track.  That's the way it's getting here now (thank God!).  Heck, we have at least two large scale Micro-breweries here that brew several different types.

The oldest and most famous in these parts:
http://www.redoakbrewery.com/

A new fellow on the street (since five or so years)
http://www.bigdraft.com/core_beers.html

What I really like about this phenomenon is that there are now outlets where is made available more flavorful and interesting styles of beer that earlier were essentially unknown to Americans.  When I mention "flavorful", I'm not talking about flavor added, like fruit or spices, but more flavor from hops or wheat or yeast, whatever.  It's no longer so bland.  Whooooooooooooooo!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
That Red Oak sounds like it's right up your alley. Trinity

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »
I don't know if they changed their recipe, or they got better at it, or my tastes simply changed, but I used to hate the stuff, but now I love it.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
I figgered you'd like the Battlefield brew.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »
A-yep. ;D ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2008, 07:20:55 PM »
My wife prefers the darker brews and likes to try new brands and brews. I've just drank Bud and Bud Light for most of my adult life. It's hard for me to try new brands or brews. I just like Bud and Bud Light.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
As my father says: "if all the world liked the same thing, it would be a pretty boring place".  One of the things that makes us a unique species is that we each have our individual tastes.

I certainly won't shy away from a Bud by no means, and I've had my fair share of 'em. ;D

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »
I certainly won't shy away from a Bud by no means, and I've had my fair share of 'em. ;D

I don't shy away from Bud - I avoid it at all costs.  I don't know what it is but that stuff don't agree with me.  :P
I can drink Miller, Coors, Amstel, Yingling....just about ANYTHING than a Bidweiser product.

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »
I reached that point maself.  Kinda got cozy with the Coors.  The Anheiser Bush stuff just don't go down right anymore.  Stopped drinkin it cause the wife didn't like it, an when I tried goin back it jes didn't work out fer the taste buds.
     Beer is a strange and complex thing.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2008, 06:44:03 AM »
That's good. That just leaves more for Arcey and I.  Thanks again fellas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com