Author Topic: My CAS Persona  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Aerimus13

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My CAS Persona
« on: July 27, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »
I was wondering how to choose one. I am really interested in purseing an academic type since I wear glasses and chasing a PhD. Just thought I would ask some advice.

I am not sure this is the right forum but I did not see a forum on personas.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
Re: My CAS Persona
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:44:27 AM »
I was wondering how to choose one. I am really interested in purseing an academic type since I wear glasses and chasing a PhD. Just thought I would ask some advice.

Ask yourself some questions...

Where are you (in history)? Date? Place?  Why?

Is there someone historically to model after?

Chose a name, write your story, let part of you become that person, refine as you move along.

You might look at some of the Cas City profiles.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:55:55 AM »
What tensleep said..

Date? Place?  Why?

What date ? 1870's -1880'-90's earlier ?

Place where are you ? or where would your presona be ? back east , mid west , out west ?

Why ( more to the point what profession ) doctor, lawyer, professor.

You might look at the NCOWS board (this BB) they have guidelines on persona ( Originals Class )
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:46:49 PM »

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »

You can often incorperate your own life into your persona. And since it is "play acting" anyways, your imagination is your drawing board. Go to the CAs profiles, and look at some of the folks and what thery character is...Take a look at mine, and you can see how it kind of follows my life sorta.

My pard Old Top was in the military all his life, and you guessed it, he was a Sarge  in real life, so he now is in the 1870's infantry.
He and another pard are starting a military posse, so to go along I added the "Scout" look to my persona.

Your dress can go along with your chosen persona, One of the shooters I know is a Judge so it is suit coats, vests and town shoes/boots. In fact he gets most of his clothes at thrift shops. for a year I thought he had his clothes custom made. So, your clothing most likley be of the town style, probably a bit more uptown, if you are going to be an academic, look at some of the styles of clothes at the schools you would likely have attended or worked at in that era, (check history of the schools, pictures etc.

LIke I said, your imagination is the only thing that really limits you. (also you could go at it seriously, or with a sense of humor...then write your story...
hope it goes well.
curley
I have put some pix up of my various looks
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »
Aerimus13,

A scientific explorer might be what you are looking for.  The Engineer Corps took civilian scientists with then on their expeditions.  No pay, but no expenses either. :o ;D  If you want more info, pm me your phone number and I will give you a call, or call me between Noon and Midnight Central time @ 816-716-8866.  I will share what I have done in building my persona over the past 25 years. ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Silent Joe

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:10:47 PM »
Howdy, Pard. Look at: www.pineywoodsplace.com/aliases. Here you find most of the aliases used by SASS.

Offline Ransom Gaer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
If the idea of a far west explorer interests you, try to find a copy of a book entitled "William Henry Jackson's Colorado."  It is available from the Colorado Railroad Museum.  Jackson is one of the best known early photographers of the old west.  He also worked with some of the early expeditions such as the expedition to what is now Mesa Verde National Park in 1874.  In this book are, among other things and people, pictures of some of these explorers.  These photos were taken on the expeditions, so you can get a sense of what they were when they were working in the field.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com