Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 175270 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »
Cool link Tex.  Look like good beater hats fer the money.  I got skin cancer runnin in the family an I'm startin ta take the sun very seriously.  I gotta go get checked agin soon, got all kinds of bumps an spots that Lil frets about.  My Dad's been fightin with the stuff fer years.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2008, 12:20:35 PM »
Doc sez he’s gonna freeze ‘em, don’t sweat it. Close ta painless.

Much rather do that then have the dentist dig out an old fillin’ ‘n replace it. That ain’t no fun.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »
I'se sposed ta go ta the dentist taday >:(  Lookin fer sonmethin important ta come up an force me ta miss the appointment. 
     Aint found nuthin yet.  I got a few hours so I'll keep tryin ;D

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #343 on: Today at 05:41:45 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2008, 02:09:13 PM »
Going to the dentist is never any fun. I went to the DR. today for my 6 month check up. I've lost some weight, which is  a start. High Blood Pressure and Type 2 Diabetic(old cop diseases) are my problems. I guess that's not too bad for an ol' cop that's almost 61 years old and doesn't take care of himself.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: August 21, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »
The time has come

For me to pay

For yesterday

When I was young……..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »
Damn! I kint go ta the dentist taday cause hanyman decided ta come back an work on our bathroom (yea, it's still goin on).  He's claw-stro-fobic, an don't wanna go under the house.  Figgure it's my duty ta help him out fer the sake of the family harmony.  Dentist'll have ta wait ta see me, I got 'portant business ta tend to ;D ;D
     He'll prolly enjoy an unexpected break in the afternoon anyhow.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
The time has come

For me to pay

For yesterday

When I was young……..

:o :o  Ya mean ya gotta pay for all that,  I was gonna use that money fer guns  ;)
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »
Truer words were never spoken, Arcey.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2008, 05:18:34 PM »
I know this aint the music thread, but this seemed ta fit

The rooms were so much colder then.
My father was a soldier then.
And times were very hard.
When I was young.

When I was young.
I smoked my first cigarette at ten.
And for girls, I had a bad yen
When I was young.

When I was young it was more important.
Pain more painful, the laughter much louder, yeah.
When I was young.

When I was young.
I met my first love at thirteen.
She was brown, and I was pretty green.
And I learned quite a lot.
When I was young.
When I was young.

When I was young it was more important.
Pain more painful, laughter much louder, yeah.
When I was young.

When I was young.
My faith was so much stronger then.
I believed in fellow men.
And I was so much older then.
When I was young.
When I was young.

Roland Deschain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
We sell lots a them Sunbody's, here in the OWS and down in the hat dept, the #1 choice of the real cowboy in summer, also sell them a lot with big brims to folks with skin cancer, seems some of the skin doctors know we have them and send them here.  Only have had two complaints about them.

1.  The don't hold up up you have it fall off and it goes through the Brush Hog.
2.  Ditto on the baler.

Had a guy brought one in tryin' to replace, one not made anymore.  Was beat-up and muddy, he took it and soaked it in the bathtub, stiff brused it and then brought it in and I reshaped it.  Not to bad, it was on the porch, the Hallam tornader took part of his house and the porch, it was found 2 miles away. :o

In the winter, once a month or so, spray it with a spay bottle and water, in low humidity the will get a bit brittle

Buy them a bit on the tight side, wet it, slam it on yer head and wear it till it's dry, will fit like a custom hat and stay on yer head real good.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: August 21, 2008, 05:34:51 PM »
You need to keep them from open flames. I like them because of the wide brims and they way conform to your head.  I sweat a lot outside and they keep my bald head cool.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »
You need to keep them from open flames. I like them because of the wide brims and they way conform to your head.  I sweat a lot outside and they keep my bald head cool.

Well, yeah that's also a good idea. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
Those SunBody hats have character right out of the box. After you wear them for a while and get them broke in, they are real comfortable to wear.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2008, 10:21:37 PM »
1.  The don't hold up up you have it fall off and it goes through the Brush Hog.
I've had a few baseball hats do that.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2008, 06:07:36 AM »
Those Brush Hogs have been known to chew up a lot of things.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2008, 05:22:32 AM »
For due credit………

http://www.laidbackracing.com/TailgatingRecipesandTips.html

RACE RECON
Tailgating Recipe and Tips of the Week

Tailgating Recipe
One Pan Breakfast

INGREDIENTS:
1 package shredded has hash browns (if using boxed, re-hydrate with water and drain)
Sausage (bulk, fried and crumbled) or Chopped ham or Crumbled fried bacon
One small onion chopped (or 1 tables. dried onion)
One garlic clove (or garlic powder or salt)
1 8 oz package grated cheese (your favorite)
6 Eggs beaten well
PAM spray or vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS:
Spray bottom of pan, put hash browns on bottom, place meat choice on top of hash browns, mix onion, garlic with eggs, and pour over hash browns and meat mix.
Top with cheese and bake 30 minutes or brown on stove top, cooking potatoes and meat first, then add egg mixture, turn once and when done add cheese until melted.
Great served with homemade salsa or chili.

FROM RACEMAMA: I would cook the sausage at home.

A piece of rope, a bungee cord and a tie strap can save
whatever catastrophe that duct tape can't

Tailgating Tips

To prevent batteries from wearing down if your flashlight is accidentally nudged on in your pack, take one battery out and replace it upside down. (Remember to switch it back at nightfall, dummy.)

An effective way to repel mosquitoes is to rub the inside of an orange peel on your face, hands, legs and arms.

A bar of soap rubbed along the length of a tent or sleeping bag zipper will make that zipper slide much more effectively.

Firm-fleshed fruit, such as oranges, pack better than soft ones (bananas, pears).

Rolled-up tortillas make sturdier sandwiches than bread.

Freeze juice in a reusable plastic juice container. It will act as a freezer pack and is less wasteful than using individual juice boxes. Powdered drink crystals are easier to pack than pop.

Pack vegetable oil to use for grilling in a small pump spray bottle; carry in a re-sealable plastic bag.

Pre-chop veggies at home (night before trip) & store them in zip lock bags.  Carrots and onions pack well and stay fresh for adding to dehydrated mixes and side dishes.  I chop ahead of time. 

Make one large cube of ice at home (in an old milk container or plastic container such as a 2 litre pop bottle.  We have also used the small hard sided cooler and a cake pan.  Take out of freezer, let it sit till it loosens and you have a nice block).  Block ice last longer than crushed.   

Grate cheese ahead of time or buy pre-grated packages.

Pre-cook any sauces & meat mixes. Then freeze...keeps everything else colder longer

Get Pringles canned potato chips - so the chips won't get crushed.  We always bring "boxed snacks"

Prepackaged bag 'o salad is a great way to get your fresh lettuce.

Buy pancake batter that mixes with water only (no eggs or milk needed).
RACEMAMA TIP: When you put the batter on the griddle add cooked, crumbled bacon or sausage, cubed ham or blueberries. 

Other pages updated today 09/19/08:
Words for Today
Bubba's Redneck Joke of the Week

HAVE A GOOD TAILGATING RECIPE OR TIP TO CONTRIBUTE?  EMAIL RACEMAMA

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2008, 06:08:32 AM »
All of that sounds good.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »
She fergot "bring tons of beer"!

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »
They write for the NASCAR crowd. Bringin’ beer is a given.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »
LOTSA BUD LIGHT LONGNECKS!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com