Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 10:13:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Camping accessory reviews 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 47533 times)
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2008, 11:45:20 pm »

What LR said!

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Scarlet Angel
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2008, 10:08:04 am »

Somewhere I have one of those neck wraps that stays cold. I really like it in the summer. Especially for camping on the hot days. I need to find it and get it ready for this weekend!

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2008, 01:38:20 pm »

Maybe a straw hat with minifan in the crown might help also.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Scarlet Angel
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2008, 08:16:14 pm »

I was thinking of swip borrowing my husband's hand held spray bottle that has a fan on it.  Grin

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #329 on: August 19, 2008, 08:29:37 pm »

Them l’il fans are awful nice. Take mine ta ever shoot this time a year.

Wish my hair was still that short.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #330 on: August 20, 2008, 05:42:47 am »

Now, That's a HAT!

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #331 on: August 20, 2008, 02:44:02 pm »

It is quite a hat but I think them mar-ee-otchy guys have him beat by a few inches with their sombreras.

Leo

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #332 on: August 20, 2008, 04:57:54 pm »

I've got one that is almost as big, with a Gus crease that I wear to keep from gettin' sunburned.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #333 on: August 20, 2008, 05:08:49 pm »

Pitchers, we gotta have pitchers Cheesy

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #334 on: August 20, 2008, 05:21:09 pm »

Leo,  go to    www.sunbodyhats.com   I've got one of each one those on the Home page of the web site. They're out of Houston and most of the western stores sell em for about $25. each.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:52 pm »

That's N.O. Harts signature, always easy to find him

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #336 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:20 am »

They keep the sun off your face. I worry about skin cancer and getting my bald head sunburnt.

Scarlet Angel
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #337 on: August 21, 2008, 08:52:10 am »

I've seen alot of the shooters wearing them. They look real nice and like they do the job. Might have to check one out next time I'm in TX  Grin

Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

my granddad on his mule around 1907

« Reply #338 on: August 21, 2008, 09:19:35 am »

huh, I see on the website,  we got a dealer in Clarksville, Ar,  I'll have to go by there and check em out. 

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #339 on: August 21, 2008, 09:51:02 am »

Shootin’ it Black Creek one mornin’. I’ve got the clock ‘n he’s up. Wearin’ a different straw hat ‘n the thing caught a bunch ah rifle brass. He was runnin’ to ‘nother position, me chasin’ ‘im, ‘n that brass was goin’ all o’er the place.

Tolt ‘im after the stage ‘e weren’t gettin’ much of ‘is brass back..

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:15 pm »

Cool link Tex.  Look like good beater hats fer the money.  I got skin cancer runnin in the family an I'm startin ta take the sun very seriously.  I gotta go get checked agin soon, got all kinds of bumps an spots that Lil frets about.  My Dad's been fightin with the stuff fer years.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2008, 12:20:35 pm »

Doc sez he’s gonna freeze ‘em, don’t sweat it. Close ta painless.

Much rather do that then have the dentist dig out an old fillin’ ‘n replace it. That ain’t no fun.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:23 pm »

I'se sposed ta go ta the dentist taday Angry  Lookin fer sonmethin important ta come up an force me ta miss the appointment. 
     Aint found nuthin yet.  I got a few hours so I'll keep tryin Grin

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2008, 02:09:13 pm »

Going to the dentist is never any fun. I went to the DR. today for my 6 month check up. I've lost some weight, which is  a start. High Blood Pressure and Type 2 Diabetic(old cop diseases) are my problems. I guess that's not too bad for an ol' cop that's almost 61 years old and doesn't take care of himself.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #344 on: August 21, 2008, 02:29:05 pm »

The time has come

For me to pay

For yesterday

When I was young……..

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2008, 03:05:08 pm »

Damn! I kint go ta the dentist taday cause hanyman decided ta come back an work on our bathroom (yea, it's still goin on).  He's claw-stro-fobic, an don't wanna go under the house.  Figgure it's my duty ta help him out fer the sake of the family harmony.  Dentist'll have ta wait ta see me, I got 'portant business ta tend to Grin Grin
     He'll prolly enjoy an unexpected break in the afternoon anyhow.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

my granddad on his mule around 1907

« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:14 pm »

The time has come

For me to pay

For yesterday

When I was young……..

Shocked Shocked  Ya mean ya gotta pay for all that,  I was gonna use that money fer guns  Wink

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2008, 04:45:23 pm »

Truer words were never spoken, Arcey.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2008, 05:18:34 pm »

I know this aint the music thread, but this seemed ta fit

The rooms were so much colder then.
My father was a soldier then.
And times were very hard.
When I was young.

When I was young.
I smoked my first cigarette at ten.
And for girls, I had a bad yen
When I was young.

When I was young it was more important.
Pain more painful, the laughter much louder, yeah.
When I was young.

When I was young.
I met my first love at thirteen.
She was brown, and I was pretty green.
And I learned quite a lot.
When I was young.
When I was young.

When I was young it was more important.
Pain more painful, laughter much louder, yeah.
When I was young.

When I was young.
My faith was so much stronger then.
I believed in fellow men.
And I was so much older then.
When I was young.
When I was young.

Roland Deschain

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2008, 05:27:02 pm »

We sell lots a them Sunbody's, here in the OWS and down in the hat dept, the #1 choice of the real cowboy in summer, also sell them a lot with big brims to folks with skin cancer, seems some of the skin doctors know we have them and send them here.  Only have had two complaints about them.

1.  The don't hold up up you have it fall off and it goes through the Brush Hog.
2.  Ditto on the baler.

Had a guy brought one in tryin' to replace, one not made anymore.  Was beat-up and muddy, he took it and soaked it in the bathtub, stiff brused it and then brought it in and I reshaped it.  Not to bad, it was on the porch, the Hallam tornader took part of his house and the porch, it was found 2 miles away. Shocked

In the winter, once a month or so, spray it with a spay bottle and water, in low humidity the will get a bit brittle

Buy them a bit on the tight side, wet it, slam it on yer head and wear it till it's dry, will fit like a custom hat and stay on yer head real good.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Camping accessory reviews « previous next »
Jump to: