Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 176420 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
My SIL has a whole box full of 8 Tracks out in one of our storage sheds.She had very different tastes in music though.......Buck ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »
I don't know what happened to all of mine other than that one by Asleep At The Wheel.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »
I don't know what happened to all of mine other than that one by Asleep At The Wheel.

I traded all my 4 and 8 track tapes for a complete collection of Bob Wills LPs  ;D

Still got 'em!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Advertising

« Reply #303 on: Today at 01:55:53 AM »

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2008, 08:05:41 PM »
I  think I still got some 8 tracks round here. All different kindsa music as some would be my husbands and some my sisters. I remember we thought it was so cool when sis got the 8 track in her car.

The song is "That Girl is a Cowboy"  ;)
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »
Bro. Sleep, My Dad had a bunch of Bob's music on 78s, don't know what ever happened to all that stuff.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
For you WWII Warbird folks, here's a website  maxair2air.com     It's about that B25, "Miss Mitchell" that I talked about. You can see some great pictures of a beautiful lady.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
Thanks fer that sight Tex.  I saved it ta favorites.  Miss Mitchell was great, but there are so many others on there.  Some great interior shots of Yankee Lady.  The B-17s er close ta my heart.  Sentimental Journy is a perty girl too.  Have ta take some time and look at em all.

I got some 78's layin around.  This is one of em...

If the sea were a whiskey
an I were a duck
I'd dive ta the bottom
an never come up

Oh whiskey, oh whiskey, oh whiskey I cry
If I don't get some whiskey I surely will die

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »
Sure that ain't rye whisky?
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
Leo, Sentamental Journey is part of the Arizona Wing of the CAF. It is kept a private airport called Thunderbird Field.  There is a JU- 52 Junkers and a HE-111 Hyckel complete with German markings. The last time I was out there was about 2000 and they were doing a complete overhaul on Journey.   There is a privatley own B-17 named "Chuckie" that is kept at Meacham Field in North Fort Worth.  Those Ol' Warbirds will always be a stong connection with myself and my Dad that isn't here anymore.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
Sure that ain't rye whisky?

Good call Ten it's been awhile since I a chance ta listen ta ma 33 1/3's let alone the 78's. 

Another one in the collection...

Smoke smoke smoke that ciggarette
Smoke smoke smoke til ya smoke yerself ta death
Tell Saint Peter at the Golden Gate I just hate ta make him wait
But I gotta have another ciggarette

Tex, I got that warbird connection with my Uncle Joe.  He aint here no more either.  I always get a stirring feeling when I look at those planes.  When I was lookin at the pics of Sentamental Journey I could hear the opening trombone solo to the Gen Miller tune goin through my head.  Like you said somewhere else recently, sometimes ya feel ya was born late ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »
Oops, caught maself that time, it's "pearly gates" an not "golden gate" in that song.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »
I seemed to remember that Johnny Bond did that.  Leo, My wife has a friendthat she used to teach. This Lady's dad was one of Pappy's Black Sheep in WW11. In fact her dad broke Pappy's leg one night at the Officer's Club while they were rasslin'.  She went to high school with EmmyLou Harris , cause Emmy Lou's dad was a Marine.  Evelyn's dad retired as a full Colonel in the Marines.  Evelyn's dada was also good friends with Bill Jordan, who was also another Ol' Marine.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »
Got plenty of Ol Marines in my life.  Dad was land and sea rescue in the south pacific.  Lil's brother Stuart made Full Bird a few years back in the Corps an just recently retired.  Hated ta do it, he had an exciting job jumpin back and forth from one hot spot ta another including Iraq, Afganastan, Kosavo, Korea and some other places we don't even know we got guys fightin.  I have several CD's he sent us documenting his travels, just haven't uploaded em onta this confuser yet.  He walked Lil down the isle at our wedding in full dress, saber and all.  There's several other jarheads in my family and they're perty much the ones I learned how ta live from.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2008, 04:15:12 AM »
I gotta a couple of friends that were in the 1st Marine Div. at KHE SAN in 68.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2008, 08:27:36 AM »
The geeky kid from next door graduates the 20th ‘n comes home for two weeks. Hard to believe it’s been fifteen weeks. Gonna be good seein’ ‘im.

Thinkin’ the USMC has prolly changed the boy a bit.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2008, 03:30:43 PM »
He will be changed for the better.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
Kid next door to us joined a little over a year ago, nice kid, but it made him a man, folks are proud of him and fly the Marine flag from the porch.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »
These young kids need structure and discipline in their lives.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2008, 06:00:04 PM »
These young kids need structure and discipline in their lives.

Some of them need a good swift kick in the arse, got about three around here that might need more than that, stupid and lazy are no way to get through life, or at least didn't used to be, before the liberals got their way.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2008, 06:05:32 PM »
Y’all heard me talk of ole Bob next door. Recruit Merrill is the grandkid. I love Bob like the daddy I don’t have no more. He’s so proud. Jeff would start his college classes ‘n drop out. Work at Hardee’s ‘n play computer games in his off time. Basically wastin’ youth.

Ain’t no shrink but I’m thinkin’ Jeff needed to be challenged. He got it. By the tone of his letters home he’s lovin’ it.

I’m very anxious to meet Private Merrill, USMC.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com