Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 175275 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2008, 07:39:42 AM »
Arcey, Sounds like my first time paintin' a vehicle.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »
Glad I quit doin' that stuff, not sayin' I wouldn't do one for me again, but not for a livin', even if I could.  Nasty stuff, labels now say can cause Gasto-Intestanal problems along with nervous system damage and brain damage, got two of them, jury still out on the 3rd one.  My Dr. can't say it's part of the problem, but says id durn well could be.

Used to paint in a booth that had hot water heat in the floor, hose er down good, open the door when it was -10, drive it in till you could see the quartz lights though the fog, then you could shut the door. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
Glad I quit doin' that stuff, not sayin' I wouldn't do one for me again, but not for a livin', even if I could.  Nasty stuff, labels now say can cause Gasto-Intestanal problems along with nervous system damage and brain damage, got two of them, jury still out on the 3rd one

I'll testify fer ya at the hearing, you make more sense than most folks I know ;D
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 07:39:00 AM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
Flip Flop Danger Warning
don't let this happen to your flip flop,  throw them away at the first sign of toe strap failure.

a serious butt bouncing was barley averted when this one broke when I was walking down a slight incline when it broke  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
serious delay was averted by Jackie having bought 3 pair for me at the start of the Summer.  still got one in reserve.  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2008, 08:14:03 PM »
Flip Flop Danger Warning
don't let this happen to your flip flop,  throw them away at the first sign of toe strap failure.

a serious butt bouncing was barley averted when this one broke when I was walking down a slight incline when it broke  ;D

;D ;D

I've had that happen a time or two.  When I was a boy, I thought shoes were only for church and the winter. :D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2008, 11:03:07 PM »
;D ;D

I've had that happen a time or two.  When I was a boy, I thought shoes were only for church and the winter. :D

you had shoes?    We was so po we didn't even have feet ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »
Flip flops are just bad news if you don't know how to use them right. Had a friend break her leg coming out of the motor home, flip flop blowout, caused her to slip and fall.

So make sure you inspect em real good before you put em on, they fit properly and following the warning on the label.  ;D
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »
Flip flops are just bad news if you don't know how to use them right. Had a friend break her leg coming out of the motor home, flip flop blowout, caused her to slip and fall.

So make sure you inspect em real good before you put em on, they fit properly and following the warning on the label.  ;D

Your friend sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2008, 12:39:50 PM »

Your friend sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song ;D

Why do you think they got rid of pop tops in favor of pull tabs that stay on the can? ;D

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »
OT, It looks like you have "tan lines".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »
Tan Lines?

This is my pard Big John after last weeks campin trip :o

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2008, 02:28:59 PM »
Damn, Leo.

Couldn’t ya have stuck that on yer nekkid wife er sumthin’?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
He forgot to take his sun block....that is a must in the camping accessories...and benedril cream!
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2008, 02:58:33 PM »
Sorry Arcey, just campin hazzards an all ::)

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2008, 03:21:43 PM »
Looks sorta like a "mug" shot.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »
He was not, as they say, a "happy camper" when he got home. 
     We kept tryin ta warn him, but noooooo.  Some folks (city folks) just gotta know everythin ;D ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »
The Sun is not Our Friend!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
Well, ta expunge that horrible image from Arcey's head and ta show
The Ultimate Camping Accessory ...

A good dog who don't bother the other campers, loves ta swim an will play river fetch an bring the stick back an drop it right at yer feet 'stead a tryin ta play keep away with it :D  I finnaly got me a campin dog!  The other one had ta stay home, we know better than ta bring her :-\

Roland Deschain

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:33 PM »
I hate it when it posts fore I'm ready.  Anyway...

Leo

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com