Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 06:23:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Camping accessory reviews 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 47696 times)
Trinity
AKA the Chicory Kid
Top Active Citizen

Here's to Miss AnnieLee!

« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2008, 08:48:22 pm »

Shocked

Roll Eyes

Grin Cool

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson
Sod Buster
My Barn, My Rules
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2008, 08:50:18 pm »

Yanno, don’t think I ever explained my fast departure that day. SB, ya didn’t stink er nuttin’. Just that I got sick in a hurry. Bein’ rude weren’t intended.

I missed this post the first time.....
I wondered what happened to you....
I still use sports drinks.  On really hot days I find I can over-dose on water alone and can get dizzy.  I need something with some electrolytes, sodium, and potassium.  Maybe I should drink grapefruit juice and pop a salt pill.

I remember taking salt pills when doing drills in the hot sun while in the marching band in high school.  It got so hot one day the glue softened that held my sneakers together.  Shocked

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2008, 06:23:30 am »

SB, Put a little gin with that grapefruit juice and make a salty dog.  A good pick me up for startin' the day.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

my granddad on his mule around 1907

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2008, 06:46:12 am »

when I worked for the county over in Oklahoma, one summer I helped lay some asphalt, ran the machine that puts it down and levels it all ya had to do was keep the level bubble centered, crank on each end.  I was wearing hush puppies,  all that hot asphalt tuned the soles of them to crystal,  they just crumbled.  wasn't planning on hot asphalt that day.  Shocked Grin

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2008, 07:27:14 am »

Gotta go just received a large case of COL (cat on lap), makes it hard to type!  Roll EyesGrin
I can sympathize with ya.  Wink It's sleeping beside me now.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2008, 08:06:01 am »

OT,  That asphalt speading is hot work. I would work on the city street dept. during the summer when I was in high school. I worked on the trash trucks dumping trash out of old 55 gal barrels every day. I also shot asphalt and spread gravel over it and patched holes with cold mix. It was hot work and I stayed in shape.  I bought a pair of black leather steel toed work boots to wear. they stood up pretty well against the asphalt. Sure am glad i wasn't doin' that work the couple of days.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2008, 11:25:53 am »

Worse I had it was installin’ HVAC systems one summer when I was in school. It’d get so darned hot in the attics ya couldn’t half breathe.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2008, 11:45:40 am »

Being up in an attic this time of year is HOT, HOT, HOT!

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2008, 01:33:29 pm »

Oh yeah, I remember my parent's attic Shocked what a blast furnace.........Buck Cool Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2008, 01:45:44 pm »

Spent a summer installing insullation.  Pure miserey.  Got outta that line as quick as I could.

Leo

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2008, 05:22:24 pm »

Have blown the tops off of ther-mo-meters a few times in paint booths in the summer.  Good thing is though you can put some retarder in the 'nemal and really lay it on slick and wet and really not fear runs.

Guess all the heat I used to work in was good trainin' for the cook camp. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2008, 05:30:59 pm »

YES SIR!

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2008, 06:17:14 pm »

Have blown the tops off of ther-mo-meters a few times in paint booths in the summer.  Good thing is though you can put some retarder in the 'nemal and really lay it on slick and wet and really not fear runs.

Guess all the heat I used to work in was good trainin' for the cook camp. Grin

YES SIR!

Hope it don't snow in Oct. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2008, 06:33:14 am »

Me Too!

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2008, 07:09:36 am »

Last paint booth I was in had big ole fans at one end ‘n some kindah water fall thing. Heck, it was kindah nice in there. No fog in the air hardly at all.

Shot a pick up the old man ‘n I rebuilt for his daily use. Black Imron. Looked like factory. My white one, done inna garage with a box fan tied to step ladder, looked like shi….  somethin’ else.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2008, 07:39:42 am »

Arcey, Sounds like my first time paintin' a vehicle.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2008, 03:27:25 pm »

Glad I quit doin' that stuff, not sayin' I wouldn't do one for me again, but not for a livin', even if I could.  Nasty stuff, labels now say can cause Gasto-Intestanal problems along with nervous system damage and brain damage, got two of them, jury still out on the 3rd one.  My Dr. can't say it's part of the problem, but says id durn well could be.

Used to paint in a booth that had hot water heat in the floor, hose er down good, open the door when it was -10, drive it in till you could see the quartz lights though the fog, then you could shut the door. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2008, 03:36:00 pm »

Glad I quit doin' that stuff, not sayin' I wouldn't do one for me again, but not for a livin', even if I could.  Nasty stuff, labels now say can cause Gasto-Intestanal problems along with nervous system damage and brain damage, got two of them, jury still out on the 3rd one

I'll testify fer ya at the hearing, you make more sense than most folks I know Grin

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2008, 07:43:21 pm »

Flip Flop Danger Warning
don't let this happen to your flip flop,  throw them away at the first sign of toe strap failure.

a serious butt bouncing was barley averted when this one broke when I was walking down a slight incline when it broke  Grin

* Picture 1037 (Medium).jpg (46.4 KB, 800x600 - viewed 122 times.)

Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2008, 07:49:35 pm »

serious delay was averted by Jackie having bought 3 pair for me at the start of the Summer.  still got one in reserve.  Grin

* Picture 1038 (Small).jpg (75.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 126 times.)

Trinity
AKA the Chicory Kid
Top Active Citizen

Here's to Miss AnnieLee!

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2008, 08:14:03 pm »

Flip Flop Danger Warning
don't let this happen to your flip flop,  throw them away at the first sign of toe strap failure.

a serious butt bouncing was barley averted when this one broke when I was walking down a slight incline when it broke  Grin

Grin Grin

I've had that happen a time or two.  When I was a boy, I thought shoes were only for church and the winter. Cheesy

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2008, 11:03:07 pm »

Grin Grin

I've had that happen a time or two.  When I was a boy, I thought shoes were only for church and the winter. Cheesy

you had shoes?    We was so po we didn't even have feet Grin

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

Scarlet Angel
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2008, 09:23:09 am »

Flip flops are just bad news if you don't know how to use them right. Had a friend break her leg coming out of the motor home, flip flop blowout, caused her to slip and fall.

So make sure you inspect em real good before you put em on, they fit properly and following the warning on the label.  Grin

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2008, 10:22:27 am »

Flip flops are just bad news if you don't know how to use them right. Had a friend break her leg coming out of the motor home, flip flop blowout, caused her to slip and fall.

So make sure you inspect em real good before you put em on, they fit properly and following the warning on the label.  Grin

Your friend sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song Grin

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2008, 12:39:50 pm »

Your friend sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song Grin

Why do you think they got rid of pop tops in favor of pull tabs that stay on the can? Grin

Roland Deschain

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Camping accessory reviews « previous next »
Jump to: