Author Topic: Cheap Sharps Club  (Read 152578 times)

Offline Patrick Henry Brown

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cheap Sharps Club
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:54 AM »

Preacher Clint , congratulations pard, that's a heck of a deal for what you paid for it, I love my Pedersoli, they make great rifles.

Enjoy your new/used rifle

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

Thanks. I will.

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »
Thanks. I will.

Remember what you wrote me the other day? Same book, different chapter.

By  the way, I have a Pedersoli Quigley with the Soule sight and bubble front. And I don't give a crap what the sharps snobs think. I've had the gun since Oct. 2005 and won't be trading it for one of the others. If I want one of the snob guns, I will buy one, right now I don't.
It shoots great and looks good----to me anyway.
I've seen the others (a lot) from Montana, they're nice but I' m not that impressed
Have a good one Preacher

Flame away the rest of you.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
Remember what you wrote me the other day? Same book, different chapter.

By  the way, I have a Pedersoli Quigley with the Soule sight and bubble front. And I don't give a crap what the sharps snobs think. I've had the gun since Oct. 2005 and won't be trading it for one of the others. If I want one of the snob guns, I will buy one, right now I don't.
It shoots great and looks good----to me anyway.
I've seen the others (a lot) from Montana, they're nice but I' m not that impressed
Have a good one Preacher

Flame away the rest of you.

Amen, Brother. Amen. LOL!!

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 11:48:51 AM »

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »
Kinda reminds me of way back when I owned a 914 ... I used to get a lot of comments about 'almost a Porsche' ... to which I always ansered "Hey, the bucks/smile ratio is awsome!'

There was nothing more that the other owners had to say after that .... *VBS*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Cherokee Reb

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Finally got my camera issues ironed out, so here are a few pics of my "cheap Sharps". I got this Garrett Arms 45-70 Gemmer Sharps for $1100.00 . At the time it was equipped with a tang sight and front globe which just looked off for that rifle. I changed them out and sold the old sights for $200.00 which left me with a net payment of $900.00.

Shoots great with BP under 405 grain lead bullets and I am a happy camper.

http://cid-0ed02c957fb623d7.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Gemmer

Later,
Cherokee Reb
Member SASS,NCOWS and Knob Creek Regulators

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
Congratulations, Cherokee Reb, those Garrett's are NICE!!

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
Well, congratulations pard!  That is a beautiful gun and you got it at a great price!  Wow!  Thanks for posting the pictures.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2011, 03:31:22 AM »
I have never thought of a Pedersoli as a 'cheap' Sharps.  I have Shiloh's, but I also have a Pedersoli 'business rifle' that is my 'go too hunting single shot.'  The workman ship is about equal. Shiloh does offer more options, but there is NOTHING short about a Pedersoli.

I just do not know a lot about the others, but I'm sure they are all fine Sharps.

MD

Offline Cherokee Reb

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2011, 09:02:22 PM »
Wildman,
 Congrats on the find. I wanted to find a beater Trapdoor to Gemmer-ize when I found my Garrett. I saw several trapdoor forearms on eBay recently. have fun.

CR
Member SASS,NCOWS and Knob Creek Regulators

Offline M14MSgt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »
What's the concensus on a 45-70 with Old Reliable on the barrel and IAB MARCHENO - MADE IN ITALY?

Offline Jayhawker

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:10 PM »
New guy here...retired last year after 40 years of service...6 with the Army and 34 with DoD and decided to move back to my Kansas roots...I was prowling around the gun shop and this one kinda called to me...cheap? Yep, but now that I'm retired I can"t be spending like a drunken sailor anymore.  It goes "BOOM" and puts bullets where I point them////

As an aside, I work part time on a refuge...this is one of my charges

Life is NOT like a box of chocolates...it more like a jalapeno...what you do today might burn your butt tomorrow...

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »
Goes "BOOM".....makes smoke.......puts bullets where you want them.  A man can't ask for any more than that.   ;D

Welcome to CasCity.  Lots of interesting and opinions and discussions here.  And the information is worth every penny you pay for it!  ::)
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2011, 11:26:10 PM »
Sorry,

I think buffs are lovely too ... but all I could think of is that buff would keep me in meat for six months .... sigh ... been watching too many Westerns ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline Jayhawker

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2011, 11:51:18 PM »
Partner, at about 2400 pounds that old boy should feed you for a year, but unfortunately he'd be too tough to eat  ;D  But he's sure a stud, ain't he? We have a wild herd of about 300 and he's one of our breed bulls.  Cows and young bulls make better eating...but he'd look pretty darn good hangin on the wall...as with all of our bulls, when he is old, past his prime and all tuckered out, he will die out on the open range...
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates...it more like a jalapeno...what you do today might burn your butt tomorrow...

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2011, 12:06:26 AM »
Hi,
That Buff really got me goin' ... there was a place that sold Beefalo ... half buff, half beef .. was so dry and Lo Cholesterol that you had to add oil if you wanted to fry it ....

NCOWS #3403

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
Heck,

A little wine in the ot softens anything ... besides, it can't be worse than armadillo or snake ....

NCOWS #3403

Offline Reverend P. Babcock Chase

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
Howdy Sharpies,

I just picked up one of those little 4 barrel Sharps derringers. It was pretty cheap. Do I qualify as a member of the Cheap Sharps Club?

(I do have a Farmingdale, NY .45/70 Sharps, but it was not cheap.)

Cordially,

Reverend Chase

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »
Reverend Chase, Howdy!

If it pleases you to feel like you belong here, then welcome!  Make yerself feel at home.

When I started this, it was about cheap, (not high-grade, no thoughts on the price) copies of the Sharps Buffalo rifles and that one didn't have to spend several thousands of dollar$, let alone wait for a looooong time for your gun, to have fun and to shoot well.  Since then it has morphed itself to the "Bargain Sharps" pages.  Not what I had in mind at all ... but that doesn't matter.  It's all about havin' fun with your toys, and not gettin' hung up (like some do) on a name.

Like I said, if it pleases you to "join," then welcome to ya ... and know that many of us stand proud with you and your new Sharps!  And since it is a REAL Sharps, and pretty cheap, then ... YEEHAW!
 ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2011, 02:13:48 AM »
Wadds

Buff meat is great....what with my heart and all I would love to have a freezer full...<g>

When Me and Old Top went to the Victorian match at SheBang at 5Dogs he spent the weekend shooting his original trapdoor rifle. 45/70 flew down range, he held a little shoot after and used up some old ammo I got for him and a line of about 8 people were standing there waiting to shoot it.

For my scout character I would like to find me a "cheap" trapdoor carbine in 45/70 to shoot along with him.
here is a pix of him with gun. (actually it is a pix of Miz Kate Barlow setting off a round..she loved it...kept saying more???)

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
Curley,

I, too would like to have the chance to fire a 45/70, but there are not too many clubs up her that fire it ... I am guessing thet the ranges, being make for pistol ammo, would not do well with the big load  ...

So    I will just have to shoot my old Pedersoli Cap n Ball muzzleloader and 'pretend' I am shooting that 45/70 ...

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com