Author Topic: A few words about Matthew Braun....  (Read 1742 times)

Offline piebiter

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A few words about Matthew Braun....
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »
I recently picked up a copy of Mr. Braun's "Outlaw Kingdom" as it supposedly deals with one of my favorite subjects U.S. Marshal Bill Tilghman and the hunt for Bill Doolin. Although Mr. Braun stated that part of the book was fictionalized, the story was based on actual characters and events. However Mr. Braun who is a native Oklahoman and should know better has written a distorted account that is just too inaccurate to allow it to slide by. I see no reason why he felt the need to change facts when the real historical account is in itself more than sufficient to stand on its own. In particular the shootout at Ingalls needs no distortion as it stands as one of the most daring shootouts of all time, yet Mr. Braun chooses to have Tilghman credited with killing Arkansas Tom in his account. Arkansas Tom in fact was not killed, but captured and charged with killing three U.S. Deputy Marshal's. Later, Mr. Braun distorts the killing of Tulsa Jack Blake, Doolins "right hand man" by crediting Chris Madsen instead of Deputy William Banks. I could go on and on, however I will just say the book is a piece of crap and doesn't do justice to the subject. >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com