Author Topic: I made IT!!!  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I made IT!!!
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:39:54 AM »
 :) I got to go to my first CAS SHOOT :o :)
i joined up with the Verdigris Valley Renegades :) A Great posses to shoot with!!! :)
It was HOT AND WINDY, but that didn't stop the posses from shooting, what a great bunch of folks to shoot!!

Maybe because I waited a year to go to a shoot, and my back being so bad, I was so nervous i did everything wrong!!
Most likely there has never been a bigger gof ball ever been to a shoot! And to make things worst brand new guns messed up right as I was starting to calm down! One thing i have learned over the years you allways want to take a pair of extra guns and i did do that.  Being there first shoot of the year we got off to a late start, and didn't get to visit as much as I wanted, but maybe that is how CAS SHOOTS are, I didn't know?
 I can tell you this, each and everyone of that posses made me feel at home!! :) And that did help!! I think one of my biggest problems is that most people don't undestand my back condition, I cannot stand very long, because I don't have any disc left between my L3,L4,L5 so i have bone on bone grinding on each other!! BUT I MADE IT!!

I want to THANK THE POSSES for having me And I did injoy it!! The worst thing that happened, half way home I had a wild turkey wanted to drive me the rest of the way home. I drove the rest of the way home looking out the righ side of the windshield >:( glass shaving everywhere, got cuts all over me, but I had a GOOD TIME!!

Thanks for having me!!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: I made IT!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »
Ace,
We were glad to have you, and are looking forward to seeing you next time.  We were all impressed with how well you did, both in knowledge of what to do, and how well you shot.  What you didn't know, you knew to ask questions, which everyone was happy to help out with.  Myself and a few others were shocked that this was your first match!  As far as goofballs, ask another of your fellow posse members about that!  She's been shooting over 5 years now, and at yesterday's match got her Marlin mixed up with someone else's, and got jammed up on the firing line - .357's loaded in a .45 !!!  ("I thought it felt funny when I was loading it...")

As everyone else can see from Ace's photos, we are a small group, but welcome new members and visitors.  We also had some damage done to our storefronts from the recent rough weather, but everyone is lending a hand to get us back in shape for our next match on June 23!

GG
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:07:22 PM »
Thanks Guns, for the kind words!! I just wished my back didn't hurt so bad!!
But I did Win the Turkey Shoot ::) ::) ::) ::)

And i want to thank all of you for having, and helping me so much!
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:51:57 AM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
Howdy Ace,

Congratulations on your first shoot!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com