Author Topic: Who Am I?  (Read 14046 times)

Offline Montana Darlin

• Are you going to shoot or just whistle dixie?
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What do you mean I'm done? I still have shells.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who Am I?
« on: June 08, 2008, 01:12:35 AM »
 I was born on this day in 1778. My name became a synonym for a fashionable man.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Who Am I?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 01:34:17 AM »
Augustus?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:50:59 AM »
Bromel – ain’t spelled right.

To me, it was Carson. A man is well dressed when one can’t remember what he was wearin’ when they met (paraphrased).

Security check 0330 hours complete. East toilet fully functional. All personnel accounted for ‘n appear to be sleepin’ well. Noah’s projectile pukin’ has subsided.

Guard logs out 0345 hours.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:03:22 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 05:46:04 AM »
"Beau" Brummel,  Not to be confused the Beau Brummels singing group from the 60's.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Online Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 09:49:36 AM »
"Beau" Brummel,  Not to be confused the Beau Brummels singing group from the 60's.

“Laugh Laugh” you got it right first!!!!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Montana Darlin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »
I was born on this day in 1867. I designed Fallingwater and the Guggenheim Museum building, and how many times was I married and what happened to the girlfriend I left my wife for?

Offline Montana Darlin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
Augustus?

See I knew you were lying to me about your age  :o

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
Frank Lloyd Wright
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 02:03:18 PM »
What I can tell from what I read; married thrice and the girlfriend, along with others, was killed by a servant at Taliesin.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Montana Darlin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
O.k going to have to find some tougher questions, especially for Texas Law Dog  ;)

Good job!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
Day late and a dollar short. Usual for me ::)
 Howdy, Montana, how ya doin' girl?........................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
Bachelor of Science in History, Minor in Social Studies , Physical Education, and General Science.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »
Ya got me by quite a few degrees there TLD. ::) Onliest diploma I got is a High School one, and a Vocational school at that......................Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 05:59:41 PM »
5 years of wasted youth. I became a cop in 1970 and never used any of that stuff.  I probably should have become a teacher and a coach. I was fortunate to marry a teacher and have been married to her for 34 years. I'm still a cop for another year or so then I'm getting out. Might be a subsitute teacher, who knows.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »
You beat me out on that one TLD, as soon as I saw Falling Water I was pretty sure of the answer.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Online Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
It was the give away to me too.  Where I was in high school I was going to be an architect of the same ilk as Mr. Wright.  I then learned unless you were already of the ilk of Mr. Wright you couldn’t build the kind of homes he did.  No one could afford them.  I guess idol worship came from having so many of his designs in my home town of Racine WI.  The Johnson Wax offices and research tower, Wingspread Conference Center, and a couple of small residential units.  He was my hero
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »
O.k going to have to find some tougher questions, especially for Texas Law Dog  ;)

Good job!

Yeah ya do, Montana Darlin’. Frank Lloyd Wright is the first Google hit ya get onna “Guggenheim Museum” search……..

Hehehehehehe..... Use the paper version of Websters.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »
Haven't  used much of that history knowledge since college. I'm rusty but I plan on getting back to it after retirement.  Lots of time on my hands when I retire. Being a cop is all I've done for almost 40 years.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »
I'll try one on ya.

I am an well known woman in American history and my name means "burden that is pulled or carried"  It has been mistaken to mean other things, but this is the true translation.

Good luck, I have faith in ya all ;D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 03:28:01 PM »
Sacajawea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com