Author Topic: Club in Southeast Kansas?  (Read 8526 times)

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Club in Southeast Kansas?
« on: January 07, 2005, 02:46:20 PM »
Congratulation to Tequila and Wolf Bane for a job well done on the first episode.

After today's show, I received a lot of questions here in Howard, KS, about our sport. Well, Marshal'ette did some promotion here in the neighbourhood telling them all to watch the show and see what Marshal H. is doing.

Maybe this will trigger the foundation of a new CAS club in Southeast Kansas. We already have land for a shooting range waiting for us.

Marshal Halloway; where is the range you speak of ? jt

Howdy Trap,

We have received an offer to use part of a property for a shooting range outside of Howard. We are still on the planning stage, but 8-10 people locally have already showed interest in starting up.

As of now, we are talking about a place to practise with the possebility of building 3 stages and a potential of having a 6 stage monthly shoot.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Club in Southeast Kansas?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:44:25 AM »
  Keep me posted , may come down to visit.  jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Marshal Halloway

• City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 11:14:32 AM »

Will do.

I had another conversation with the owner last night and we will head out to check out the place as soon as the weather permits. There are two locations on the ranch that will cover our needs. Decisions will be made within a few weeks.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:31:16 PM »

Offline Sheriff A.E. Moses

• Very Active Citizen
    • Millbrook Wranglers
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 08:15:58 PM »
"gET "eR Done"
You guys are having the same conversation that all beginning clubs go through, so it does me good to overhear such conversations!!
If there is anything the Millbrook Wranglers can do to help ya out, just ask!!
Sheriff A.E. Moses
First Duly Elected Sheriff
Graham County Kansas
~:~1880 - 1881~:~
Cowboy Action Shooter
~:~1999 - 2011~:~
=-=B.O.L.D. - 14=-=
http://www.millbrook.ruraltel.net

Offline Marshal Halloway

• City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 08:27:18 PM »
"gET "eR Done"
You guys are having the same conversation that all beginning clubs go through, so it does me good to overhear such conversations!!
If there is anything the Millbrook Wranglers can do to help ya out, just ask!!

Howdy A.E.,

Yep, you're right. It is the same routine all over again and I have been through it more times than I can remember. Another thing is also the same, every time I have founded clubs or organizations, I say I will never do it again....  ;D  ;D  and seem to forget that I said it....

I will holler if I need help, pard, thanks!

Offline Charles B Gatewood

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 04:42:28 PM »
Marshal,
You'll receive more interest as the news gets out.
Guns Garrett shoots with a group in Neodesha. I think
he said there are about ten people involved right now.
Good luck! Sounds like a great idea.

Your pard,
CBG,

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 06:47:52 PM »
Yes, I do shoot in Neodesha (Nee-oh-de-shay).  We call ourselves the Verdegris Valley Renegades, and I've been shooting with them about two years now.  I belonged to the Stateline Ridgerunners over in Pittsburg, but they lost the use of their range and most of those folks gravitated up to Parker. (Cole Valley Hoss, the late Tackett, Tessie Tumble Weed, et al.)  Didn't cotton to driving two hours to Parker, or and hour and a half to Tulsa, but I found the gang at Neodesha.  We aren't affiliated with SASS or NCOWS, but as most are SASS members, we shoot by SASS rules.  Our head Ramrod, Ron ("Capt. Henry Logan') Campbell keeps us pretty well organised, writes the stages and looks after the range and targets.  We don't shoot during the winter, but we should be gearing up for this next season in April, and shoot through October.  We usually shoot twice a month, the 2nd and 4th Sundays.  Mostly six stages, followed by some "long range" (about 100 yds), with carbine, big-bore lever, and single shot.  We meet at a local diner, the Green Lantern, for breakfast at around 7:30, get to the range and are set up in time for the safety meeting at 9:00.  We usually finish up by 2:30 or so, then all travel back downtown to socialize and eat at Pizza Hut.  I'll put up a post when I get the season's schedule if'n anyone wants to come out and join us.  Myself, Megan O"Ruckus, Spanky, Sodbuster, Saddlesore Sam, Oleta, Drifter Dave, and all the others will sure welcome you
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline Stickyfingers

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 08:29:19 PM »
Yesssssssssss I too would like to be kept informed of any clubs in SE Kansas. ( I live in Coffeyville ) And where do you all shoot at in Neodesha.
I work on Sat. so anyone shooting matches on Sun. let me know.
I went to the freestate rangers club today to check it out (I'm new to CAS, use to shoot IDPA inFL.) Trading all my stuff for cowboy stuff, It looks like a lot of fun.

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 10:48:50 AM »
Bucky00,

(Is that "Bucky - oooh", or "Bucky Double-ought?")  I sent you an e-mail about the Neodesha Club.  I saw on your other posts you had been looking at a Rossi .45 rifle. (Gold & Silver Pawn, right?)  I had been looking at that one as well, but had an offer on a different one that I took.  The one I saw down there looks to be in very good shape, and reasonable priced.   I have known others who have used them, in both .45 Colt and .44 Mag., and they were very pleased with them.  My wife shoots a Rossi .357 Puma Carbine, and loves it.  The Freestat Rangers are a good club, and I always plan on going to visit, but never get around to making the two-hour drive up to Parker.  The only other alternative is Tulsa/Coweta, but I just don't look forward to the drive down and back.  Hope to see you in Neody!

GAF #301

Offline Stickyfingers

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 12:19:53 PM »
Howdy
It is bucky Double-ought, I was looking at that rifle at gold & silver, I thought it said Ithaca on the barrel ? Yeah I know what you mean about the 2 hr drive.

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 05:03:46 PM »
The Verdigris Vally Renegades of Neodesha, Kansas will be starting this year's shooting season with a match in Neodesha beginning at 9:00 am on Sunday, April 24.  The range is located on South 4th Street just outside of town (across the RR tracks).  Anyone interested can contact Capt. Henry Logan at:  rlsoup@hotmail.com.  Come early (7:00-ish) to the Green Lantern Cafe just off the corner of 4th and Main St. (Hwy 75) for breakfast and cameraderie before the match.

GAF #301

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com