Author Topic: Norinco Coach Gun  (Read 40803 times)

Badlands Bo Walker

Norinco Coach Gun
« on: January 04, 2005, 09:24:31 AM »
Howdy Pards,

Can anyone out there give me the heads-up on Norinco Coach Guns?  I have been told that there are several generation models & that I need to beware of which model I get.  I spoke with several shooters over the weekend who have informed me that the Norinco line has too many problems with their coach guns.  If anyone out there could shed some light on this subject for me, I would be much obliged!

Badlands.

Offline West Longer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Norinco Coach Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 06:46:50 PM »
Howdy Badlands

Cant give ya too much info on it. I just got mine for Christmas. I shot about 10 to 12 rounds with it to make sure it function ok, and how it patterned.
It shot right on the money, Opens up easy and shucks STS right out the barrel. It has 2 safteys on it, but they are manual were ya dont have to switch them off each time you close it. So far Im happy with it. Its a good looking hammer for the money. I got it new and I think it shot good right out to the box.
Happy Trails & Shoots
West Longer

SASS 46427  LASSOOS #77
Bold 339       BOSS #143
Warthog
NRA
SUDDS #52
RATS #205
P.W.D.F.R. #114

Offline Mule Clanton

• Doc
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 01:06:22 PM »
I've had mine for about 1.5 years now and I have many shells through it without a problem. The safeties can be a pain in the ass---but a spot weld took care of that---a little polishing of the chamber with rouge and it drops empties as if they were on strings.
"Fair Dinkum & Good On You"
Postulant at the Shrine of the Holy Black
NRA LIFE~SASS~SCORRS~DARKSIDER
PGK~PFN

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:14:54 PM »

Badlands Bo Walker

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 01:13:31 PM »
Thank ya pards.  I sure do appreciate the input on this coach gun.  I have really been wanting to get one & I believe you gents have convinced me it's the way to go.  Do you recommend any certain model?

Thanks again, Badlands.

Offline West Longer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 02:09:57 PM »
Howdy Badlands

As for as I know I think theres only one model in the Norinco Coach Gun. Mine was Model 99W.
I was checking into getting the TTN Coach Gun, till I came across this one at a local gun shop. After playing with it awhile and saw I could cock the hammers while attemping to load it, and I could buy
two of these for the price of a TTN. I went ahead and got it.

Happy Trails & Shoots
West Longer

SASS 46427  LASSOOS #77
Bold 339       BOSS #143
Warthog
NRA
SUDDS #52
RATS #205
P.W.D.F.R. #114

Offline rtoeck

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 04:30:45 PM »
Hi ya'll I'm new here and do not know much about shoot guns . I recently purchased a Norinco 99w fired a few boxes of game load 6 and a few slugs i noticed what looked like cracks around both barrels fairly straight about where the chambers meet the barrels. They are small i can not tell if its just in the blueing if it is some kind of marker line around the end of the chamber or if it is a weld. They are to small to really see what it is but I don't know if it is safe to fire. If anyone knows about this please post and if you are thinking on buying one you might want to check into this first. Thanks

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 05:07:29 PM »
Howdy Badlands

As for as I know I think theres only one model in the Norinco Coach Gun. Mine was Model 99W.
I was checking into getting the TTN Coach Gun, till I came across this one at a local gun shop. After playing with it awhile and saw I could cock the hammers while attemping to load it, and I could buy
two of these for the price of a TTN. I went ahead and got it.

Norinco has one coach gun, the model 99W and 99W20, the first in 12 gauge and the latter in 20 gauge. Suggested retail price is 299.95.

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline The Yankee Bandit

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 12:52:48 AM »
I bought one and about anything that can go wrong with it has. 

1.  Any type of ammo fired jammed the ejectors so much that I woul have to break the action open over my knee and pry the shells out.  I used a Dremel and brake cylinder hone and polished up the rough chambers and now it isn't a problem.  Now most shells slip right out when I open the action and tip up the barrel.
2.  Recoil was knocking the front stock loose - so that it came off in my hand several times.  I had to put a stiff spring under the lever that holds the front stock on.  Now it's not a problem.
3.  Recoil also caused the Tang safety to go from fire to safe, unless I held my thumb on it.  There is a screw under the safety that you can tighten to make the safety unmovable.  I did this, so the safety is permanently in the fire position.
4.  The cross bolt safety somehow got stuck in the fire position.  I can't push it into safe.  This isn't a problem because I didn't like this safety anyway.  I will probably just grind the end of this safety down until it is flush with the barrel.

I bought this Norinco only a year ago, so you can definitely get one with problems.  The good news is that they are pretty simple to work on.

Offline West Longer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 08:14:23 AM »
Howdy Yankee Bandit

Sounds like you had one that needed to be sent back to the factory.

Before you do any griding on that cross bolt saftey. Break open the shotgun, look at the firing pins below them you will see a small screw. You screw in this little screw it will hold that cross blot saftey in place and it wont move on ya.
Happy Trails & Shoots
West Longer

SASS 46427  LASSOOS #77
Bold 339       BOSS #143
Warthog
NRA
SUDDS #52
RATS #205
P.W.D.F.R. #114

Badlands Walker

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 01:16:06 PM »
Well, I appreciate y'all givin' some input here, but I went & bought me an EAA Bounty Hunter II SxS 12ga. exposed hammers!  I cain't wait for it to get here! ;)

Offline Gen Lew Wallace

• Major General, VIII Corps, Commander Middle Dept.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Savior of Washington D.C.
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 10:49:39 PM »
Pard, mine shoots fine.  I just need to polish the chambers so those shells drop out.  The patterns are fine and it shoots fine.

Oh, I got mine for $199 at the local Big5 sporting goods.
Retired USAF, 20 years defending my beloved nation
NRA Life, SUVCW, GAF#164, AF&AM, AASR

"This is my native state.  I will not leave it to serve the South.  Down the street yonder is the old cemetery, and my father lies there going to dust.  If I fight, I tell you, it shall be for his bones." -Lew Wallace, after the 1860 election

Offline Turkey Creek

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 08:36:57 PM »
Yankee Bandit- I'm having the same problem with my stock- can you give me a bit more detail as to where you put the spring?-

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »
I know this is a very old thread.  I do have a question on the model99.  Type of choke?  Do the right and left have the same choke?  Is it improved, modified or open?

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
The thread is NINE years old.  The original posters are probably deceased.

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 10:28:14 PM »
Hopefully not dead, just forgotten.

Offline Gen Lew Wallace

• Major General, VIII Corps, Commander Middle Dept.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Savior of Washington D.C.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
Quite alive and kicking.  I still have that old gun.  In fact, it's sitting in my finished basement as a home defense gun nowadays.  It has no chokes that I can see.  Smooth all the way around.
Retired USAF, 20 years defending my beloved nation
NRA Life, SUVCW, GAF#164, AF&AM, AASR

"This is my native state.  I will not leave it to serve the South.  Down the street yonder is the old cemetery, and my father lies there going to dust.  If I fight, I tell you, it shall be for his bones." -Lew Wallace, after the 1860 election

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 04:33:08 PM »
Glad to see you are alive and kicking.  I'm taking out the wife's Norinco and my Rossi tonight to do some pattern testing.

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 07:31:18 PM »
Wife shot her Norinco in her first match.  Flawless operation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com