Author Topic: Howdy Fellows  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Howdy Fellows
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
I spend most of my time down on the leather forum, but I wanted to jump up here and ask you fellows a question, I am undecided on what I am going to do, but. Is there any demand for 44 specail/mag 6 shooter in CAS? I am thinking on getting down to a couple of cals. instead of three, main reason I have a AWESOME 1 out of 700 made Ruger Limited Edition OMV, i just love the gun I love the looks, but it doesn't fit my hand, the places that i plan to shoot shoot 4 gun, and to match my 44 I bought a Hawes Western Marshall i love that gun it fits my hand like my other six shooters do. I am unable to locate a match to the Hawes at a fair price. So that is why i am asking your advice.
 Any help that you can give me, I will be very great full.
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Two Rivers Marshal

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Howdy Fellows
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »
Evening Ace,  as a fairly new shooter myself take my words how ya like.  I started with 2 new .45 six shooters.  I had traded a s&w .44 DA to buy them.  Where I shoot there are a lot of folks shooting 44 spl and or 44mag.  I know cause I always end up with a few pieces of brass in my bag at the end of the day with 44 stamped on em.  I also had around 1500 44 cartridges that I no longer had a use for and they all found a new home with the local pards.  I say shoot what ya like and have fun!!

On a side note, if ya shoot more than one caliber, make yourself a loading block (piece of wood with multiple holes in it) to hold the correct number of rounds for each caliber.  Will help when ya get to the loading table and you wont have to have a bunch of mixed up shells in your pocket to sort through when you get up there.

TRM
Rats # 458

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »
Two Rivers thanks for the advice, i didn't think anyone was going to give a comment. I have been reloading just a short time 30 years, I have 2 Dillons, just set up a Lee 1000 pro with case feed , bullet feed. I am still a Dillon Lover, but I traded for this  Lee and it was new and my trade was good, so I thought I would run 500 45C threw it so when I selll it, i can give a honest answer, when the Lee 1000 first came out a friend of mine bought 2 and i set them up, i thought at first that someone had made a mistake and put a Mantel toy in the box, this one might be diff. but his you had to handle with kid gloves!

Keep a Shooting
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:43:25 PM »

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:42:55 PM »
Ace, if your looking to sell it, you might want to post the gun in the Ruger forum here... 
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com