Author Topic: A boot question  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Doc Neeley

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A boot question
« on: December 29, 2004, 02:41:16 PM »
I do have a pair of rather plain western boots, but I've been looking around for a more authentic pair (heart attack at the prices). My problem is I wear size EEE or EEEE, depending on the style, width. Most boots are D with a few EE.

Any suggestions (other than wear moccasins) is appreciated.

Thnx.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Offline Big George McCoy

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: A boot question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 03:40:26 PM »
I've the same problem as Mtnman.

We are eagerly awaiting replies.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 03:51:20 PM »
Get ahold of Delmonico to see what widths the Fort has.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:21:49 PM »

Offline Big George McCoy

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 05:03:13 PM »
Get ahold of Delmonico to see what widths the Fort has.

Slim

I had a PM with Delmonico a bit back and forgive me if my memory is a bit hazy, but I think I recall that at present the Fort's widths are up to EE. He suggested to me that I find a local store that carries Durango boots and try them on. Seems that Durango's size EE may fit my clod-hoppers.

I know of only one place near me that caters to horse riders, I went there and tried on a pair of 12 EE 's. It didn't fit.

So, in the mean time I'm just biding my time and hoping that some boot manufacturer realizes that some folks have wider than normal feet and adds the wider widths to their stock.

Offline L.G.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 06:14:30 PM »
Hmmm, my problem is just the opposite, 13 1/2 B.  With a badly beat up left foot and ankle.  I've got a pair of ACME square toe harness boots that I cut off the straps for my match wear, and a really nice couple pair of Luccasi's(sp) for nice wear.
SASS #48097
NRA #2008175
Gateway Shootist Society
Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
WartHog
B.O.S.S. #19
RATS #130
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Slingshot383

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 04:21:54 AM »
Mtnman, I got the same probelm, high arch and wide foot, size 11 EEEE.  Our local western shop has 4400, that's right four thousand four hundred,  pairs of boots in stock, they had one pair that would go on my feet.

I got them and if I wear them 8 hours at a match the balls of my feet are black and blue and it's hard to walk for a couple of days.  I don't my trying something else but I ain't going to drop another couple of hundred dollars on a maybe.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 12:42:13 PM »
Pards, we are gonna have wider ones sometime this spring, wheels turn slow, I can't give exact dates.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com