Author Topic: San Perdo Saddelry Non-delivery  (Read 53501 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: San Pedro Saddlery merging with Colonel Carter's ???
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2008, 04:05:29 PM »
Though, I don't know Col. Carters or his Mercantile..seem ample reason to stay away for that company as well...
I wonder if he knows what he buying into ?  ???
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: San Perdo Saddelry Non-delivery
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2008, 04:44:09 PM »
Thanks for your efforts, Sam.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Sam Hane

• Very Active Citizen
    • White Tree Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2008, 01:39:53 AM »
Thanks for your effors, Sam.

Just tryin' to be helpful here.
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118
Senior Chaplain: 9th Memorial Cavalry

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 11:05:08 PM »

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »
Sam,   I dont have a dog in this fight, but I have been keeping up on the large number of people here and on the SASS wire who have had big problems with Big Ed.  I know you are trying to do something to help.   I am not sure what good it is going to do to give Big Ed information on people he owes money to or products to when he already darn well knows this information.  When an unpstanding person  like Sixgun Shorty has had major bad dealings with Ed,  you know there is something very wrong with his business practices.  I wouldnt touch Big Eds products or his new partners products if they were mailled to me free of charge.  There are alot of others who make great quality leather products and deliver on their promises.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »
Just tryin' to be helpful here.

Sam, I filled out the form.  I don't expect much but at this point after over 4 years and $200 thing would be better than nothing.

Thanks for doing what ever you can.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Sam Hane

• Very Active Citizen
    • White Tree Productions
  • Liked:
Re: San Pedro Saddlery merging with Colonel Carter's ???
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »
So when should I expect delivery on my outstanding order from 2005?

I honestly have no idea.
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »
2005?
     Hope ya aint holdin yer breath.  A lot of people are having simalar trouble with Colt, though they are on a much higher level of business.
     I don't have a dog in this fight either, but this thread has been up fer quite some time.  Once in awhile someone comes in ta Big Ed's defense, but no word from the man himself.  I'm sure a majority of the reasonable people here would settle for an email that said, "I'm sorry, here's the situation..."
     All I know is that if I was being called a cheat, a liar and a theif on a regular basis, I'd be the first person you'd hear from.  Most of us who get into this sport do so because in it we find people we can rely on and trust in a world full of swindles.  I've seen a lot of forgiveness here when folks don't hide and state their case.
     Citi Bank may be gettin a bail out, but that aint gonna happen here.  If Ed's too sick to type, he should have friend do it for him an start with an open appology.  I think he'd be suprised what it would do for him.

Just my thoughts as an independant buisiness man.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »
This has been going on for ages Leo, you aren't going to hear anything but excuses from Big Ed.... if anything at all!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Sam Hane

• Very Active Citizen
    • White Tree Productions
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »
2005?
     Hope ya aint holdin yer breath.  A lot of people are having simalar trouble with Colt, though they are on a much higher level of business.
     I don't have a dog in this fight either, but this thread has been up fer quite some time.  Once in awhile someone comes in ta Big Ed's defense, but no word from the man himself.  I'm sure a majority of the reasonable people here would settle for an email that said, "I'm sorry, here's the situation..."
     All I know is that if I was being called a cheat, a liar and a theif on a regular basis, I'd be the first person you'd hear from.  Most of us who get into this sport do so because in it we find people we can rely on and trust in a world full of swindles.  I've seen a lot of forgiveness here when folks don't hide and state their case.
     Citi Bank may be gettin a bail out, but that aint gonna happen here.  If Ed's too sick to type, he should have friend do it for him an start with an open appology.  I think he'd be suprised what it would do for him.

Just my thoughts as an independant buisiness man.

Leo

At the moment, Ed has no e-mail at all.
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118

Offline Calamity Jane

• Top Active Citizen
    • Calamity Jane's
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2008, 05:54:43 AM »
Well it will be 4 years ago tomorrow - that's FOUR YEARS! - since I sent Big Shyster $320 for a "Wild West Show" rig that was supposed to be the fanciest gunleather ever. After four years of promises and bullshit, I filed complaints today with the Arizona Attorney General and the FBI.

I got the patience of Job but four years is too much. Anybody that knows me knows that the longer ol' Calamity Jane is on simmer, the worse it's gonna be! Well now the cork is out and there's hell to pay.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2008, 06:26:59 AM »
I would say 4 years is ...well.... plenty of time to make some gun leather.  Cudos for filing legal action.  I have a feeling some others are doing the same now.  You may end up following  him to Illinois though as he is apparently teaming up with someone there.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2008, 07:58:40 AM »
Arizona lawsuits ?

I said..  "Col. Carters or his Mercantile....I wonder if he knows what he buying into ? "

Fleeing a State to avoid prosecution, I believe is Federal...
if any of you paid by Postal Money Order it IS Federal.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Calamity Jane

• Top Active Citizen
    • Calamity Jane's
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2008, 08:49:58 AM »
Well Illinois is GOOD - that's within reach and I got lots of good stout rope!  8)

As far as things getting "straightened out" - I will believe it when I see it. After 4 years of promises and excuses I don't believe nuthin anymore. Would have only took 10 minutes to write out a check and pop it in an envelope ,,,, but I rekkon my my money went into producing somebody else's gunleather.

Yup, I like Illinois! That takes the whole mess across state lines and moves it into a whole nuther category.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »
Well it will be 4 years ago tomorrow - that's FOUR YEARS! - since I sent Big Shyster $320 for a "Wild West Show" rig that was supposed to be the fanciest gunleather ever. After four years of promises and bullshit, I filed complaints today with the Arizona Attorney General and the FBI.

I got the patience of Job but four years is too much. Anybody that knows me knows that the longer ol' Calamity Jane is on simmer, the worse it's gonna be! Well now the cork is out and there's hell to pay.

Well Jane,this has gotten big enough, ya may be able ta start a class action with all the others that have suffered.  Sounds like yer not goin the sue happy route and just focusing on the criminal aspect, which I repect.  On the other hand, it would be nice ta see these folks get at least some of there money back.  The thought of suing in a civil court makes me cringe, but there is an exception ta every rule. 

Leo 

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline sixgunshorty

• Citizen
    • Nevada Western Firearms
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »
At the moment, Ed has no e-mail at all.

..or money.....
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »
Not ta pick away, but I've been using free email fer years.  Yahoo even got rid of it's storage limit and has served me well dealing day to day with a nation wide development company and it's customers.  My pard out in PA doesn't have a computer, but goes ta the library and uses theirs fer free.  We stay in contact on a regular basis with no money out of pocket to him.
     The boat is listing, and there are several holes in the mainsheet.  The man needs ta have a monment of clarity an take action that will help him sleep at night.  Living with unresolved issues is what makes a sick person worse.  Knowing you've done right at the end of the day, or at least tried, has been known ta cure all sorts of ailments.  I'm not blowing smoke here, I've seen the miracles of a clear conscience.

Sermon out

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2008, 06:07:51 AM »
Leo,  You are assuming that we are all capable of having remorse.   I think Sixgun Shorty has the best insight into Big Ed than anybody here.  He might have a comment on Eds conscience.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »
Yer right Don.  I'll quit now.  Only reason I kept posting here was because I deal with this kind of BS in the construction industry all the time and CAS is my escape from it.  It's the last honest sport.  I hate ta see corruption of any sort impinge upon it.  I am greatful fer all the good, helpful folks I have met through it.  There have been many, and I'm sure plenty more ta come.

Leo

Roland Deschain

+draw

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »
This coming February 13th will make 4 years.  I was promised 4-6 weeks when I placed and paid for the order...   ;D
I talked with Ed and his wife every 3 months after that for the first year and a half.   :( 
Then I just couldn't get through to them anymore.  :-[   
I wrote e-mails when he would reply to posts on the SASS Wire or the Frontier Spot.  He'd respond to them asking for a description of what the job was??!!@  ??? 

Finally I got through to him again, after 2 years and 7 mos of waiting.  We went through a detailed description of what I wanted.  He said he'd put it right on top!    ;)  His wife said, "You must have the patience of Job!"
Since then he hasn't answered any messages I left for him, nor any e-mails.   :-\

I filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General's office.

I'll try posting a note to the site Sam Hane suggested...  But I ain't holding my breath.

To me, there is no difference between his business practices and outright theft.  Yes, he did produce very nice work.  I'm sorry that he fell on hard times.  But he always should have turned out his product in the order that he received the paid orders.  I've known plenty of folks who received their custom work while I (and others) were still waiting for theirs.

He might be "a good pard" to some, but that doesn't make him a good businessman... or even one who can be trusted.

That's my opinion... for what it's worth.
McC

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2008, 05:56:27 AM »
Sounds to me like his wife might be a great "partner in crime".   They both know darn well what they are doing. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com